Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Martin Marincin signs extension (1 year, $700K)

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
...and somehow he manages to still be a bad contract. they should just move on from him.

League min/1 year. He only plays if the lineup is depleted like now. He insulates needing to throw the young kids in the lineup so they can develop and is better suited as a press box addition than hurting a players development while sitting. Every club has a need and use for a player like him

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
...and somehow he manages to still be a bad contract. they should just move on from him.

I don't like the player but I am interesting into how you can spin this as a bad contract. He's a serviceable NHL D for the bottom pair. He's not a starting D for an NHL contending team, but he's going to play half his games for the Marlies and Half in the press box for the Leafs, with odd nights he plays due to injuries.

Really want to hear this.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Ugh. If we have to. He’s fine as #8, but you don’t ever actually want to see #8 in the lineup.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Meh honestly not bad of a deal for a #7 that slots in here and there into the lineup.......but dear god, please don't play him and Holl together as the "matchup pairing" against the elite players in this league.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Impossible to complain about. It's as "meh" a signing as you can make, but one that every team sort of has to make. Depth player with a depth contract.

He likes being in the organization, and the organization likes having an experienced guy that won't kill you on the ice if pressed to play and doesn't complain when he is in the minors or press box for months at a time.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
but why though ahh

I guess hes not going to ever play much unless injuries and Marincin must really like Toronto and Leafs

Reactions: Morrison

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
I don't like the player but I am interesting into how you can spin this as a bad contract. He's a serviceable NHL D for the bottom pair. He's not a starting D for an NHL contending team, but he's going to play half his games for the Marlies and Half in the press box for the Leafs, with odd nights he plays due to injuries.

Really want to hear this.

we all have a 50 contact max ...he is one of those 50. in for a game in emerg maybe, but, for any length of time, he is a liability because he cannot handle the puck, and tends to always turn the wrong way. Harpur sucks (and may be worse), but, at least he would bring a physical dimension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad