Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Maple Leafs sign Brennan Menell (1 year, $750k, two-way)

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
The Marlies also play in Toronto, which makes it a lot easier to get a call up if needed plus access to the NHL level training facilities whenever he needs them.

Was a different situation with the Wild's affiliate being based in Iowa
He’s not waiver exempt so this isn’t really a factor, and Iowa’s facilities are top notch after the recent move from Houston, it’s a 3.5 hour drive, not exactly a big deal for a potential NHLer.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He’s not waiver exempt so this isn’t really a factor, and Iowa’s facilities are top notch after the recent move from Houston, it’s a 3.5 hour drive, not exactly a big deal for a potential NHLer.

I'm not knocking Iowa's facilities. But the 15 min drive from the Marlies arena to Scotia Bank Arena is definitely an easier commute.

Reactions: Finger Licking Good

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I have higher hopes and expectations for Menell than for Liljegren, at this point. I think he has a better chance to make the team and make an impact.

It's becoming a poorly kept secret that Liljegren is creeping toward a bust.

Reactions: Burkeocet

CupcakeSprinkles

Apr 11, 2021
I have higher hopes and expectations for Menell than for Liljegren, at this point. I think he has a better chance to make the team and make an impact.

Lil is 22 and has been a stud in the AHL the past two seasons when healthy. Talk to me in 3 years.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto

I don't understand how he can be a bust when he's been pretty good in the AHL and hasn't even been given a shot in the NHL yet.

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
I don't understand how he can be a bust when he's been pretty good in the AHL and hasn't even been given a shot in the NHL yet.

Lilly isn't, he still has time. The perceived knock on him is he has been in the AHL a long time. People fail to account for not spending time in the jr ranks.

Also Banks being over critical as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad