Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Maple Leafs sign Brennan Menell (1 year, $750k, two-way)

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Always thought this guy was gonna be the next Brad Park. I expect him to be a Adam Foote with a offensive flair

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Always thought this guy was gonna be the next Brad Park. I expect him to be a Adam Foote with a offensive flair
That would be real huge again for the maple leafs sire :clap: They surely found all the right young, and even mo vetter players this summer. Great job on this part by dubas and also correcting some of his human errors. I real like the thug aspect miself sire. He brang in some true o'g's like gabriel (with mikayla demaiter), ritchie and butning, keeping simmonds in. The leafs are going to be a hard club to play against next season. They going to make others pay the price hard. That's key and was a real identity of the old leafs teams like pat quinn and pat burns. Hell, even randy carlyle had his warrior squad. Big time. Now dubas is accepting mine and theirs perspective and the truth. You got keep the thugs in. That is the only way to win, period.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Move over Hamilton, you are yesterday's news.

Meet the future!!

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Nice Pick Up.

A potential steal.

Don't know why Bergevin didn't make a pitch for him. His style of bargain bin, a cheap offensive rhd.

Last edited:

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Interesting to see his demands change quickly, he refused to sign without a one way deal. Apparently getting traded for a conditional 7th was the wake up call for him to adjust those demands.

Reactions: banks

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Interesting to see his demands change quickly, he refused to sign without a one way deal. Apparently getting traded for a conditional 7th was the wake up call for him to adjust those demands.
The difference is that TOR is paying him much more than MN in the AHL. The $100,000-150,000 extra might not be a lot of money to a NHL'er but to him that's probably a big deal. He also was open to signing a two way with MN, as long as it was part of a two year deal that had the second year as a one way.

I don't get the glee in attempting to paint this guy as delusional. He led the AHL and KHL in PPG as a Dman in successive seasons. He has done everything he can at lower levels to earn a shot at being a full time NHL'er.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
The difference is that TOR is paying him much more than MN in the AHL. The $100,000-150,000 extra might not be a lot of money to a NHL'er but to him that's probably a big deal. He also was open to signing a two way with MN, as long as it was part of a two year deal that had the second year as a one way.

I don't get the glee in attempting to paint this guy as delusional. He led the AHL and KHL in PPG as a Dman in successive seasons. He has done everything he can at lower levels to earn a shot at being a full time NHL'er.
I don’t think I made any comments to him as delusional or taking glee in this, just stating the fact that his original hold out on signing was due to the 1 way requirement and that changed very quickly after the league showed its opinion on his value.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don’t think I made any comments to him as delusional or taking glee in this, just stating the fact that his original hold out on signing was due to the 1 way requirement and that changed very quickly after the league showed its opinion on his value.
Or after TOR showed him the $$$.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I expect absolutely nothing from him but I hope to be pleasantly surprised but I conditional 7th usually means the player is a nothing burger

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

The Marlies also play in Toronto, which makes it a lot easier to get a call up if needed plus access to the NHL level training facilities whenever he needs them.

Was a different situation with the Wild's affiliate being based in Iowa

Reactions: TML Dynasty
Sep 18, 2009
The Marlies also play in Toronto, which makes it a lot easier to get a call up if needed plus access to the NHL level training facilities whenever he needs them.

IOWA?
say no more

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018

IOWA?
say no more

But in Iowa, he gets to watch Shoeless Joe Jackson play baseball on the Field of Dreams.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Are the Leafs out of Pyjama Boys to sign to league minimum so they've resorted to actually just league minimum guys?

Reactions: Sota Popinski

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Are the Leafs out of Pyjama Boys to sign to league minimum so they've resorted to actually just league minimum guys?

OCZi4FW.png

worth a shot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad