Confirmed with Link: [TOR/LVK] Vegas select F Brenden Leipsic from TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Doesn't really matter in my opinion. Marcinin has played his last game with the Leafs.
He will be outplayed in preseason and training camp

After his showing at the playoffs, especially last game, he will not be in Leafs uniform

Its hard not to outplay Marincin. I would be shocked if he makes the team.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Before the draft I thought there was no way vegas was taking Martin

After seeing the genius that is McPhee, I have no doubt he would've taken him. Good protect by our management knowing how bad McPhee actually is.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
This is a discussion forum. Nothing worse than being a blind follower

I like reading new ideas and questioning my viewpoints. But citing that demonstrably successful and high IQ hockey people support a certain position ain't blind following as much as evidence of legitimacy. It's unfortunately necessary when the same loud mouths drone on and on about it like spoiled kids trying wear you down to get their way: "DAD, CAN WE GO TO SPLASH MOUNTAIN? DAD, CAN WE GO TO SPLASH MOUNTAIN?"

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Leipsic was a real longshot to make the Leafs. He was more likely to be lost on waivers anyway. Best of luck to him there, but no real loss here.

GardinerTheForward

Mar 23, 2014
Toronto (NHL Season)
I like reading new ideas and questioning my viewpoints. But citing that demonstrably successful and high IQ hockey people support a certain position ain't blind following as much as evidence of legitimacy. It's unfortunately necessary when the same loud mouths drone on and on about it like spoiled kids trying wear you down to get their way: "DAD, CAN WE GO TO SPLASH MOUNTAIN? DAD, CAN WE GO TO SPLASH MOUNTAIN?"

I just cringe all the time at "the people in hih positions think this... therefore it's right mentality.

If their actions support your belief how does that make you a "blind follower"?

I think you misinterpretted

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Leipsic is a nice piece but not a sure fire NHLer. It's not make or break and we have enough forward prospects yo fill the void.

Given how young our forward group is we don't have room for everyone.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
This is a relatively easy loss to take. We have both grundstrom and korshkov in the pipeline to replace him and both are arguably better

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
It's very possible in fact probable that the guys you listed had differing opinions. I'm sure they had debates at long lengths.

Yeah but no one should be surprised they kept him.

They knew what he was when the signed him for as much as they signed him for, and he's provided them with everything they wanted and expected from him.

It's not like they were surprised to find out that he's a tough guy that doesn't score much.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
A player I kept my eye on, for the last four seasons or more..,
but somebody was going to be picked up, so I am good with it..

Enjoy Vegas, Brendan......
and good luck with your 1st season there..!

Let It Ride: Brendan Leipsic 2016-17 Highlights

Sweet, With Sticky: Brendan Leipsic 2015-16 Highlights

Leipsic Locked & Loaded: Brendan Leipsic 2014-15 Highlights

gravyface

Jun 22, 2010
I was always meh on Leipsic and glad we kept Rychel.

Martin: he's an NHL player with a seemingly rare skillset that is still in demand, given how soft the league is nowadays.

I blame our 4th line as a whole -- with Smith and Gauthier centering in particular -- more than Martin's inability to chip in enough points to make the fancy stat darlings happy with his game.

If we rocked a 4th line of Martin Boyle Kapanen/Soshnikov all year the numbers would look very different.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
This kid has a lot of spirit and speed, but he got nailed before and got really badly injured. I'm not sure he's got the size to be an NHL regular, and we already have small speedy (and more skilled) wingers.

I'm glad we keep Rychel cause I think he can be a good replacement for Hyman, the guy would probably work best in that role.

hd1344

Nov 16, 2012
The Hammer
As others have said, sucks losing Leipsic before seeing what he could do in an extend look or regular role.

That being said, given our depth on the wings, he would have been hard pressed to make the roster this fall (and avoid waivers) anyways.

All in all, it nets out to neutral for me. If we weren't as deep as wing and would be banking on him being the next contributor without anyone else, I would be much more sad. Given out strenghts, it could be worse. Good luck to him in Vegas

LoneWolf

Dec 11, 2015
I was always meh on Leipsic and glad we kept Rychel.

Martin: he's an NHL player with a seemingly rare skillset that is still in demand, given how soft the league is nowadays.

I blame our 4th line as a whole -- with Smith and Gauthier centering in particular -- more than Martin's inability to chip in enough points to make the fancy stat darlings happy with his game.

If we rocked a 4th line of Martin Boyle Kapanen/Soshnikov all year the numbers would look very different.

A fourth line of Kapanen/Boyle/Soshnikov would be elite. Boyle fills the tough/character guy much better than Martin while also being an elite fourth line defensive centerman/penalty killer. Martin wouldn't even be considered an elite 4th liner in the AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad