Confirmed Trade: [TOR/LAK] Kyle Clifford (50%), Jack Campbell for Trevor Moore, 2020, c. 2021 3rd rd picks (Part II)

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Campbell likely wasn't going to get 3 more wins barring an Andersen injury. The Leafs had only 1 back to back left, and being in the thick of the playoff race Andersen probably starts all but 3 of their games at most so Campbell would have likely had to go 3-0 if he even got that many starts.

So this seems fair, Campbell likely doesn't play unless Andersen gets hurt which was what he would have needed in the regular season to meet that condition too.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
This is fair all around. No complaints from LA either. I think Clifford re-signing is the main point here, and I actually wonder if this condition impacts the Leafs’ interest in him.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
How come Neal didn’t have to score 2 more goals during the play in series for the Flames to get our 3rd. This league is bush

Reactions: Ciao

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
This is fair all around. No complaints from LA either. I think Clifford re-signing is the main point here, and I actually wonder if this condition impacts the Leafs’ interest in him.

I dont think Clifford will be back unless he takes the minimum basically. Look at what Dubas just pulled out of his hat with his 2nd rd pick last year. Maybe not the best asset management to lose a 2nd instead of a 3rd for a 8min 4th line grinder when the leafs will have some combo
of barabanov,spezza,engvall,gauthier and brooks competing for a spot

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I dont think Clifford will be back unless he takes the minimum basically. Look at what Dubas just pulled out of his hat with his 2nd rd pick last year. Maybe not the best asset management to lose a 2nd instead of a 3rd for a 8min 4th line grinder when the leafs will have some combo
of barabanov,spezza,engvall,gauthier and brooks competing for a spot

I don't think Adam Brooks has ANY shot of being a full time leaf

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
I wonder if there’s an actual procedure in place to keep consistency or if they just pull these out their a**. If the season was to conclude, Campbell would of likely made enough starts as is to meet these conditions.

in the EDM deal they assumed Neal would score X amount more goals.

LOL not a great look
How is it likely? On the contrary, it's very unlikely considering the Leafs were in a playoff race and only had one back to back remaining. Campbell almost certainly wouldn't have had the opportunity to make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 666 and uncleben

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
How is it likely? On the contrary, it's very unlikely considering the Leafs were in a playoff race and only had one back to back remaining. Campbell almost certainly wouldn't have had the opportunity to make it.

Anderson gets injured. Campbell starts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->