Confirmed with Link: [TOR] Ian Scott Signed to 3 Year Entry Level Contract

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Agreed on the stacked team comment.

PA was expected to do well, but Scott is the reason that they've been dominant.

While most teams in the whl have given up 100+ goals by now, Scott and the raiders have given up a league leading 61. That's mighty impressive

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Finally, thank god. I was beginning to wonder what was up, and thought this might not happen til post-tournament. Excited to see what he can do with the organization. He and Woll give us two top 20 goalie prospects, and maybe even 2 top 10 (although this is tough to determine).

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Not sold on this kid yet. He's playing on a very stacked Prince Albert team right now and has always had very mediocre numbers before that. Looked really bad in the prospect tournament this summer. Lets not overhype him, he has a hill to climb IMO.
He's always had amazing raw tools. I get not overhyping him, he's a goalie prospect still in junior. He and Woll both have a long-way to go. But, he's one of our more promising goalie prospects in recent memory. His situation was similar to Matt Murrey's (remember, Dubas had such little faith in Murrey that he traded significant assets in SSM for Jack Campbell). Murrey is struggling right now, but had 2 very promising season's early on.

Every prospect in our system will have a hard time being a significant NHL contributor. It is just the odds you face if you aren't a top 10 pick. I have faith in guys like Grundstrom, Liljegren, and Sandin, but I wouldn't write them in pen in a line-up card for 2021-22. Goalies are an even longer shot. But, having two good goalie prospects is promising, especially when we have a guy who is a top 10 goalie in the league and is under 30.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Our AHL goalies have to be the worst tandem in that league. Nice to see some up and coming prospects at this position. And I see Pickard is getting a start tonight in the NHL. This might be his last chance for Arizona if he does not show well. i would love to have him back for the Marlies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Not sold on this kid yet. He's playing on a very stacked Prince Albert team right now and has always had very mediocre numbers before that. Looked really bad in the prospect tournament this summer. Lets not overhype him, he has a hill to climb IMO.
Who's "sold" on him? Is it okay to be encouraged or do we discount his progress? Think that's all anyone is doing. I'm certainly not slotting him into a future lineup, but happy to see him doing so well.

Reactions: stickty111

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

A stacked team? They've got three guys drafted in the NHL, and the highest guy was drafted #55. Scott was the second highest at #110.

As others have said, this is the Scott and Leahy show right now, with a bunch of other guys,. Leahy has 64 points, next closest is 41 points and then 31 points. Scott's SV% is 0.943 which is a big reason for their success.

It was a smart move signing a guy showing promise, but goalies are voodoo, so who knows how he ends up.

Last edited:
Reactions: stickty111

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Kid is a beast he crushed the NHL combine in 2017 , He was tied for 10th in Wing span , so you can tell how much net he takes up. 7th in vertical jump. 2d In standing long jump. he also finshed top 20 in many others i can't find the exact results but he was a beast there .

Kids compete level has made him an elite goalie in the WHL . he keeps improving. i think he will be a legit starter in the NHL if he keeps progressing down the right path

Reactions: Kurtz

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Ian Scott is the Pogge of the duo, while Woll is the Rask confirmed. Scott/Pogge is Canadian, backed up at the U18's, had his best CHL year in his final year, dominated U20's(that one is still coming for Scott ;)), meanwhile Woll/Rask, not Canadian, picked higher, led his team to a Bronze at his 2nd world juniors. :sarcasm:

Hopefully both of them are Rasks, or better yet Andersens

Happy he's signed

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He's always had amazing raw tools. I get not overhyping him, he's a goalie prospect still in junior. He and Woll both have a long-way to go. But, he's one of our more promising goalie prospects in recent memory. His situation was similar to Matt Murrey's (remember, Dubas had such little faith in Murrey that he traded significant assets in SSM for Jack Campbell). Murrey is struggling right now, but had 2 very promising season's early on.

Every prospect in our system will have a hard time being a significant NHL contributor. It is just the odds you face if you aren't a top 10 pick. I have faith in guys like Grundstrom, Liljegren, and Sandin, but I wouldn't write them in pen in a line-up card for 2021-22. Goalies are an even longer shot. But, having two good goalie prospects is promising, especially when we have a guy who is a top 10 goalie in the league and is under 30.

1st: get your spelling correct. I expect better from you. Get your game together 93Leafs:sarcasm:

2nd: just goes to show you that GM's arent perfect.

Letstalkhockey

Dec 14, 2018

The reason the Raiders are where they are is due to him and Leason. I wouldn't say a stacked team as really no diff than last year's 8th place team. He was stud last year as well. Have you ever watched him play ? Just curious.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I'm pretty sure Woll will be signed at seasons end also, I wonder how the Leafs are going to manage two 20-year-old ELC goalies.

I was pretty bummed when we didn't grab Carter Hart in 2016 but Woll and Scott are so far playing like studs in the minors.

Hoping this transitions to the AHL. Bigger issue is that both will be looking to make that move at the same time...

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Great day for him.

Our Vancouver blogger was there taking in the action. He felt DiPietro wasn't that good based on what he saw live but gets the benefit of the doubt as this is such a small sliver of action compared to a larger body of work.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
looks like leafs got over losing mcgoalie and pickard scott-free
05d.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->