Rumor: TOR has more “irons in the fire”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Lol there is no way Zaitsev + Nylander is anywhere close to Spurgeon. Nylander for Spurgeon straight up isn’t even close to fair
I went out of my way to say that the Leafs wouldn't do that and, earlier in the thread, pointed out that Toronto would not do Spurgeon for Nylander. So yes, I agree.

Again, if Spurgeon is moved it will be so that we can upgrade at forward. Moving him for a different defenseman, especially a worse defenseman, makes no sense. There is no deal to be made around Gardiner. These is especially no deal to be made around Zaitsev.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Sorry but it was actually gramps from HFLeafs that first broke the Tavares signing.
Unfortunately, it wasn't. Gramps broke the story before Tavares made his decision which proves Gramps was guessing. MLHS was the first one to confirm it on Sunday.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Something bigger brewing. Since Saturday nothing concrete has happened. We know the speculation.

In saying that one thing not mentioned is extensions for Marner and Matthew's and lesser so Nylander.

Think about it...trading Martin who apparently has got a ton of interest but no trade? Dubas is waiting either for the right return...or there could be a deal ready but it's a timing thing. Same on Leivo.

We know contract quirks take time now. With JT it took from 9 or 10pm till 3 or 4am. I really think we will lock up our 3 stars. Ya we have time but with the possible offer sheet threat on Nylander now and next yr we know who its be..the only way to stop that is sign them all.

Oddly quiet as well. All we have heard is CDH, Martin and Leivo. As well as Picks, Sparks and Mcbackup.

Any one hear any fresh news?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
More irons in the fire doesn’t mean they are still going to be active in the market... it means they are going to brand a leafs logo on Tavares so they don’t lose him.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
This is one of those dominos situations. Each move trips off the next move. I suspect what happens next, is Dubas obtains a RHD. Who knows how big that move is, or what the cost is, but it's likely someone whom we've penciled in our lineup is going the other way. If so, then we have a hole to fill. That results in the next move, whether trade, or UFA signing.... The next move is likely a RHD, or Marlies depth signing.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Would be fun to see the Leafs trade for Karlsson.

Liljegren, Kapanen, Sandin, and future 1st.

Cap space is tomorrow's problem.

That’s a lot for a one year rental. No way the Leafs would go after Karlsson unless he wants to sign like DeMarcus cousins for a 1 year deal around 5M to chase the cup.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Kadri seemed pretty excited if you ask me...

Wouldnt you be?
He is gonna be on a PP line that is gonna dominate, and he wont be going against other teams top lines/d pairs as much.
Kadri with Johnsson and Kapannen is gonna be a big mismatch most nights

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
CDH is an LD, and we’ve already got too many (Rielly, Gards, Dermott and Borgman). If we do sign him, trades are coming.

Personally, if we’re making changes to our D, I’d rather trade Gards+ for a good RD, and just roll with Rielly/Dermott/Borgman on the left side.

Sign CDH and play Dermott on the right side? He did really well there last year.
Reilly-Dermott
Gardiner - De Hann
Hainsey - Zaitsev
?

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Deal for Rasmus Andersson.

Sparks or Pickard, Borgman and Martin.

Calgary only has one goalie signed.
They could use some help on the left side, and Borgman had a pretty decent 1st year in the NHL.
Martin has been garnering some interest around the League, and a team with Burkie always loves truculence.

Superlative Soup

Treasured and Marveled
Apr 8, 2013
Saskatchewan

They could use some help on the left side, and Borgman had a pretty decent 1st year in the NHL.
Martin has been garnering some interest around the League, and a team with Burkie always loves truculence.
You didn’t bother to look and see that Andersson is one of the only RHD in the Flames organization?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

They'd easily declined that package.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
You didn’t bother to look and see that Andersson is one of the only RHD in the Flames organization?

I actually just looked at who they already have on the right side.
Brodie, Hamonic and Stone in the NHL on multi year deals.

Maybe something around Martin, Pickard and a 2nd instead of Borgman?

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
I don't think so. The Leafs have been preaching character and responsibility and that kind of flies in the face of that.

Not to mention, I can't see Babs and Shanny being cool with that kind of behavior at all.
I tend to agree as well... I was only asking because he would fit right in like a glove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad