Confirmed with Link: [TOR/FLA] TOR acquires G Michael Hutchinson for 2020 5th Round Pick

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Depth for Marlies but a guy with NHL experience to keep Sparks on his toes

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
If Andersen is really "day-to-day", it is a weird move.

Makes me think it might me more serious than that. Those "groin injuries" to goalies can be quite tricky.

2 things. If Andersen has a TWEAK and is good to go Thursday this sent a warning signal to management just how exposed the team was at the 3rd string goalie position.

The Marlies badly needed a goalie. The Marlie team is decent enough but the goalie position was hurting the team significantly. This address's that issue.

A small price to pay to address a glaring position of need. I don't think Kaskisuo is even in the discussion anymore as a prospect with his .866 save% on the season. He will be Growler bound.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
What's not to like, worst case we obviously need a goalie in the AHL. If Sparks shits the bed moving forward, we have another guy with backup potential short term.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Any upside to this guy? Advanced stats etc?

Nope none, he is not a good NHL goalie. He is not the answer, if Dubas thinks he is the answer to a problem, that magnifies just how weak we are in goal once we get past Andy.

He catches with his right hand, bit of an oddity in the goalie ranks.

Reactions: Goose

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I understand but they chose to protect Sparks over other goalies

Which has zero bearing on this move. Hutch is going to the Marlies. Sparks is currently our starting goalie.

We needed another goalie on the Marlies regardless of who we kept on roster set day.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Which has zero bearing on this move. Hutch is going to the Marlies. Sparks is currently our starting goalie.

We needed another goalie on the Marlies regardless of who we kept on roster set day.

giphy.gif

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I wouldn't have thought this was necessary, but at least people can stop complaining about Dubas not addressing our goaltending situation. More depth there is only a good thing I suppose
It was a 100% necessary as we needed a goalie with real NHL experience in the event of an injury. Losing both goalies who had this to waivers on the same day made this inevitable.

The cost is a 5th pick and some cap space.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
It was a 100% necessary as we needed a goalie with real NHL experience in the event of an injury. Losing both goalies who had this to waivers on the same day made this inevitable.

The cost is a 5th pick and some cap space.
Yep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad