Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] F Ryan Tverberg signs ELC with the Maple Leafs (3 years, $851.667k AAV; begins 2023-24)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
B225AB02-EF91-42F2-9A25-CF243C2A69D4.jpeg

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
7th round pick who chose to forgo his prior commitment to play in the NCAA immediately with UConn and has been extremely productive and likely their best player since pretty much the moment he stepped on the ice. Great skater, and works insanely hard. Plays a PWF hybrid-style of game with nice hands, and a good shot he should use more.

The Leaf fans that have been paying attention have loved him for years. One of the last cuts for Team Canada this past WJC.

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
Really glad they signed him. Was a bit worried because his production didn’t skyrocket or anything but I love the style he plays.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
7th round pick who chose to forgo his prior commitment to play in the NCAA immediately with UConn and has been extremely productive and likely their best player since pretty much the moment he stepped on the ice. Great skater, and works insanely hard. Plays a PWF hybrid-style of game with nice hands, and a good shot he should use more.

The Leaf fans that have been paying attention have loved him for years. One of the last cuts for Team Canada this past WJC.
He's not a PWF type player at 5'11 and 180lbs. lol

Love the upsell though!

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He's not a PWF type player at 5'11 and 180lbs. lol

Love the upsell though!

You seem like a guy who has watched lots of UConn so im obviously very interested in your opinion. I mean, you clearly know what youre talking about after googling his height and weight. Did you quickly check twitter for a highlight package too? You seem like an expert, so I have to assume you did.

Got an opinion of Matthew Wood too? I'd love to hear it.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
You seem like a guy who has watched lots of UConn so im obviously very interested in your opinion. I mean, you clearly know what youre talking about after googling his height and weight. Did you quickly check twitter for a highlight package too? You seem like an expert, so I have to assume you did.

Got an opinion of Matthew Wood too? I'd love to hear it.
You read my opinion. He’s not a power forward. You gotta be a Leaf fan to believe he has that ability! lol

• Haha
Reactions: Leafs1993

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Any idea as to why Toronto pulled him out early ?
End of his junior year. Not an unusual time to turn pro.

UConn is out of the Hockey East playoffs — losing in the quarterfinals. That plus their 4th place regular season finish would make them an unlikely pick for the national championship tournament - 6 conference winners + 10 other teams make the tourney.

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario

UConn is out of the Hockey East playoffs — losing in the quarterfinals. That plus their 4th place regular season finish would make them an unlikely pick for the national championship tournament - 6 conference winners + 10 other teams make the tourney.
Imagine if the committee actual chose UConn lol

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Nice, I'd imagine they plunk him in right away with the Marlies. They could use someone with Tverberg's skillset.
Yes. He has apparently signed an ATO (Amateur tryout) contract with the Marlies for the rest of this season. Then his NHL ELC contract will kick in.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Imagine if the committee actual chose UConn lol
One of their other players has also signed an NHL deal. I wonder if they already know.

EDIT: Sorry, not an NHL deal. Roman Kinal signed an ATO deal with San Jose Baracuda

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

I would have figured they'd send him back for one more season given that he can.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I would have figured they'd send him back for one more season given that he can.
Then he can wait a couple months to go straight UFA. If you like a kid, you lock him up in his junior year, and in the case of someone like Knies, you do everything you can to lock him up at the end of his Sophmore season, so he doesn't have some ridiculous season next year and then decide he can play the extra year like Vesey did and choose his team.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Then he can wait a couple months to go straight UFA. If you like a kid, you lock him up in his junior year, and in the case of someone like Knies, you do everything you can to lock him up at the end of his Sophmore season, so he doesn't have some ridiculous season next year and then decide he can play the extra year like Vesey did and choose his team.
I guess if you can get him on a 3 instead of a 2 that makes sense, but it's not like he absolutely crushed the NCAA.

Just curious that they would try and get him and some other teams asap

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I guess if you can get him on a 3 instead of a 2 that makes sense, but it's not like he absolutely crushed the NCAA.

Just curious that they would try and get him and some other teams asap
I mean if they don't sign him after this season and leave him in school that walks him to FA....why would any team want to do that? It makes no sense to not sign him now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad