Proposal: [TOR/DET] Deadline Deal

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I really can’t get past that some of you think Jensen will re-sign. Detroit is a dumpster fire.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
But it really IS a dumpster fire though, so.......

Pfft. I wish they were a dumpster fire. The Wings are supposed to be bottoming out for a rebuild and a solid shot at Hughes and yet they can't even manage to be the dumpster fire needed to accomplish that. 3 points out of a playoff spot. Here's hoping Toronto opens up on them tonight.

And Detroit has (unfortunately in many cases) never had a hard time getting guys to re-sign here.

Hey, at least the water in Ottawa isn’t poisonous hehe

Whoa, buddy. You sure you want to put your faith in your government like that? Last I checked, water and air don't know anything about international borders and if the last 2 years of US politics has driven anything home, its that US government entities don't give a shit about the health of their constituents.

Also, Flint isn't Detroit. In fact, the water issues came about when Flint stopped sourcing their water from Detroit. #TheMoreYouKnow.

Detriots really nice past 1am...

Oh, look! Its a joke from 2006!! Don't you know that Chicago is now the city everyone is supposed to be scared of?

Wings counter with either a draft pick or a decent upside D prospect.

That would be Borgman

I think the debate there would be whether Borgman isn't already bumping up against his ceiling at 23.5 years of age. He's fine but he's probably a project if you want to push him to his max and every organization has a ton of those guys, as do the Wings. Detroit's defense is laughably bad hierarchically but its actually decent depth wise on an individual level such that I don't even think Borgman would make the big club. If he were a couple years younger, it might make sense.

As someone else said, a 3rd round pick would be the ask, but even then, I think that move would only be contingent on Jensen having nonsensical contract demands. He's really come into his own and with him being a great skater, the pace of the new NHL suits him really well. He's got a decent amount of value to the Wings as a guy they can re-sign to a sweetheart deal, not so much to other teams.

Annnndddd sorry for all the quotes, folks. Took my stimulants a little late in the day. :sarcasm:

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Jensen is solid. Nothing special but just seems to get the job done. Well worth a 3rd. Would be a good fit. Moves the puck quickly. Loses some battles down low but overall, I’d give up the 3rd without blinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad