Confirmed with Link: [TOR/DAL] Connor Carrick to DAL for Conditional 2019 7th Round Pick

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
A conditional 7th rounder. Could that turn into a no rounder? How is a 7th conditional? Lol

Once

Jul 16, 2010
It'll be interesting to see how he plays out West. Good luck CCs.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I don’t know if he necessarily got a fair shake but I don’t think he fits with the blueline as it is. He isn’t a driver of a pairing and doesn’t bring the elements necessary to compliment the other d-men.

There must have been interest from a couple of teams, so Dubas leverages the best he could to get a good return. Considering it frees up a contract spot and cap space, while getting an asset back, is a solid move.

Reactions: Shanty

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I don’t know if he necessarily got a fair shake but I don’t think he fits with the blueline as it is. He isn’t a driver of a pairing and doesn’t bring the elements necessary to compliment the other d-men.

There must have been interest from a couple of teams, so Dubas leverages the best he could to get a good return. Considering it frees up a contract spot and cap space, while getting an asset back, is a solid move.
yup

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Borgman, Rosen, Oz, Marincin all outplayed Carrick

edit: I read that as Borgman not bergman ahaha carry on

Well you are not wrong either way. Although the first two weren't doing too hot (at least near the end) either. Marincin was good but unspectacular. Same as always. If he plays 25 or 30 games in the NHL in a Polak role, nobody should be worrying. He's a fine #7. If there are major injuries, then I doubt Marincin is the guy who gets the call into most of those games anyways. They'll probably call up Rosen or Borgman for the spot.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
The ole bag of pucks trade, thats a humbling "go f*** yourself, we hate you" if i've ever seen one.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Does Carrick need a ride to the airport, as I'd gladly offer to see him on his way?.:sarcasm:

Babcock really had little time and patience for Carrick who made him a healthy scratch for 1/2 the year.

Glad they could get something in return for him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Like, I understand it, there's currently no spot for Carrick in our top 6, so might as well get a pick for him, but if injuries hit (Zaitsev has had injury issues in both seasons, Hainsey is starting to slow down) I would much rather Carrick in the lineup than Justin Holl, and I feel like that's something that is being forgotten.

Maybe Marincin and Holl are just placeholders, and management wants to see Rosen/Borgman work on the PK more in the AHL, and should injuries hit, they will be called up?

I was a Carrick supporter, have made long posts showing the value he brings, so this one sucks for me :(

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Best of luck to Carrick. He's a smart guy who puts in a ton of work off the ice. Hopefully he can figure it out on the ice in Dallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad