Confirmed Trade: [TOR/DAL] Connor Carrick for 2019 conditional 7th round pick

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
:laugh:

Wow, how soon things change in Leaf country, eh?

I guess Babs would rather have Martin Marincin patrolling the blueline on the third pair?

Marincin isn't likely playing 3rdpair unless they dress 7 D

The top 6 are very likely

Rielly
Gardiner
Hainsey
Zaitsev
Dermott
OZ

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Reasonably good 6-7 guy. Not sure why we traded our 7 for a 7th unless Toronto plans to pluck someone else.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He was not getting through waivers

I get that, just thought we would keep him on roster as the 7th. It's not a big deal or anything I mean these types of guys can be had on the cheap anyways. We will probably end up trade for someone with a different set of assets (size etc)

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
He had fallen to 5th at RHD and abut 10th overall on the Leafs defence. He wasn't a Leaf this year. For Carrick's sake, wish him well in trying to secure an NHL job and ice time. The Marlies are loaded too with Dmen. (not necessarily all NHL prospects), so there wasn't a spot for him there either.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Something that I think may have been overlooked is Carrick getting trained through the US development program.

He'll now be playing under a coach with years of experience coaching at the NCAA level.

Maybe Carrick will thrive under Montgomery if he gets the playing time.

Reactions: uncleben

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I get that, just thought we would keep him on roster as the 7th. It's not a big deal or anything I mean these types of guys can be had on the cheap anyways. We will probably end up trade for someone with a different set of assets (size etc)
I think they just wanted him to get a shot to play rather than sit in the press box all the time.

Reactions: thewave

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
For a 7th that turns into a 6th if he plays more than 50 games next season.

That seems like basically nothing, considering what the Oilers just got for Jerabek. I guess better than to lose him to waivers
I mean I get it though cause Dubas probably knew he wasnt making it through waivers so the first offer he got for him he just took because anything is better than losing him for nothing when he inevitably gets claimed.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Polak is better now. Carrick is young though.

Polak is definitely not better right now he is so awful. Worst preseason of anyone on the team by far. Even the AHL guys. He is not a fit for the Stars system at all which is why they acquired Carrick

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Polak is definitely not better right now he is so awful. Worst preseason of anyone on the team by far. Even the AHL guys. He is not a fit for the Stars system at all which is why they acquired Carrick

Youre in for a surprise if you think Carrick is better. He couldnt make the Leafs defense, which everyone says is awful. Take that as a hint as to his capabilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad