Proposal: Tor-Chi

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Pre-HFB Maple Leafs Trade Proposal checklist:

Does it involve trading Nylander or Marner?
If yes, don't post, it's not happening.

But ask again after the first shift in the first game next season... if one or the other has a bad shift, any team can have both of them for a 7th round pick and they are horrifically overpaid.

Its astounding the hate these 2 get during the season. Pick any GDT from last year and you will see what I mean.

But when offseason comes around, these 2 have the best contracts in the league and would involve a kings ransom to even get convo started

I love both these guys and if Leafs were to ever deal one or the other, the return would be awesome.. but I just get a kick out of the hate they receive by their own fans throughout the season every year

Reactions: kevsh

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
So was rucksack burner account #1 and this is the main, or is this burner #1 and rucksack burner #2?

THE NUMBERS MASON? WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
can we stop the Nylander proposals? He isn't being traded

Strome is a nice piece but the Leafs pass.
Lily is likely not an NHL player. Strome is good, but clearly Nylander is the best piece in this trade scenario. Bad trade fir the Leafs.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
I said (imo) Lily is “likely” not an NHL player, Strone was okay, and clearly Nylander is the best player in the proposal.
Did you even read my question. I asked what makes you say he isn't LIKELY an NHL player and you respond by saying you said in your opinion he isn't likely an NHL player...

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Its a terrible trade, in multiple ways beyond just LilJ being RHD and Beaudin being LHD. Liljegrin was a #1dman on the marlies last season, had a cup'o in the N and was showing nothing but improvements. This being his 3rd season is only because he entered the AHL younger than any North American is allowed. Hes is a better prospect than Beaudin in every way for the leafs organization. Its a massive downgrade considering who is above Beaudin on our left side, beyond the part of Liljegrin being better at hockey.

So just to be clear, Liljegren is a better prospect because he out-scored him on a higher-scoring team in his 3rd season in the league vs. Beaudin's in his rookie pro season? The kid was eaten alive in his 11 games in the NHL. It's cool if you value him more as a RHD vs a LHD but no, he's not a better prospect at this point than Beaudin.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
So just to be clear, Liljegren is a better prospect because he out-scored him on a higher-scoring team in his 3rd season in the league vs. Beaudin's in his rookie pro season? The kid was eaten alive in his 11 games in the NHL. It's cool if you value him more as a RHD vs a LHD but no, he's not a better prospect at this point than Beaudin.
He's a better prospect because he's a number 1 d in the AHL at age 20. I get it, by default, your guy is currently a better prospect because he isn't a leafs prospect. Doesn't make it true though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad