Proposal: Tor-Chi

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
What people need to realize is a few th8ngs kadri is not 22 yrs old, he is a 3rd line center who has issues and it's notm1 isolated incident it's a recurring theme with kadri , that has cost this team.

The leafs also have a well known salary cap problem coming their way with the contracts to resign .

Kadri IMO won't fetch the leafs much other than cap relief.

Take it from a Chicago fan , GMs bent Stan over and plundered .
Why because Chicago was always in cap hell and it cost them great prospects or high draft picks for 2 month rentals , just to win a cup or be dominant.

What do you replace Kadri with? 3Cs cost 3mil+, and if you make Nylander 3C you need to find a top-6 wing unless Bracco is ready to step in right away. Again, probably spending 3+ minimum. You're looking at actual cap savings of ~1.5 mil in a best case scenario unless Bracco is ready to play top 6 right now.

Kadri needs to go, but it's not for cap reasons.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
What do you replace Kadri with? 3Cs cost 3mil+, and if you make Nylander 3C you need to find a top-6 wing unless Bracco is ready to step in right away. Again, probably spending 3+ minimum. You're looking at actual cap savings of ~1.5 mil in a best case scenario unless Bracco is ready to play top 6 right now.

Kadri needs to go, but it's not for cap reasons.

The question is not who replaces kadri, but the real question is how do we put together a team and stay within the cap.

Kadri stunt really cost the leafs, he chose to put himself above the team and that shows a lack of maturity. It's not like this is just 1 incident it's a recurring theme with kadri.

That's why the leafs will decide he is expendable.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
The question is not who replaces kadri, but the real question is how do we put together a team and stay within the cap.

Kadri stunt really cost the leafs, he chose to put himself above the team and that shows a lack of maturity. It's not like this is just 1 incident it's a recurring theme with kadri.

That's why the leafs will decide he is expendable.

Sure but you don't move him to save cap, you move him for an equally talented player at a different position.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Not to hi-jack this thread but I think Kadri would be huge for Pitt at 3C. He crosses the line at times obviously but his energy and grit is something that our roster lacks.

I would offer Bjugstad+2019 1st for Kadri and Brown, saves the leafs 2.5 mill in cap and gives you a replacement 3C. Or something around Schultz, but he makes more $ than Kadri.

This is a trade proposal that is not getting the credit for fairness that it deserves. (Yes I know this thread is about CHI-TOR). I would add a conditional 5th from PIT.....5th if PIT makes playoffs with Kadri scoring 50pts..., turns into a 4th if he scores 60pts and make playoffs..., turns into a 3rd if they win Cup and he scores 60pts and doesn’t get suspended.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I am very familiar with Chicago, they're my #2 team.

Kadri is a #2C that is behind 2 better centres. Even with bad wingers and bad shooting %, he still nearly put up 50 pts. Centres also command a premium in this league.

If he doesn't fetch an asset then the Leafs will keep him as $4.5M for what he provides is very reasonable. Another player would go in his place.

It's debatable about what he may or may not fetch . I think the 2 big issues are salary cap casualties the next issue is due to his last incident which you can say truly cost this team , especially at the most critical time during the playoffs has to be considered.

It's not 1 isolated incident that the team can overlook and move on , it's a recurring theme with kadri.

That plays a big part on the GM and Coach to decide if he is worth keeping , especially when they know the salary cap will force them to make hard choices as to who stays and who goes.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
It's debatable about what he may or may not fetch . I think the 2 big issues are salary cap casualties the next issue is due to his last incident which you can say truly cost this team , especially at the most critical time during the playoffs has to be considered.

It's not 1 isolated incident that the team can overlook and move on , it's a recurring theme with kadri.

That plays a big part on the GM and Coach to decide if he is worth keeping , especially when they know the salary cap will force them to make hard choices as to who stays and who goes.

You go through who is the most expendable and you have conversations and determine what the best deals are that would allow you to ice the most competitive team the following year.

I don't think dumping Kadri for the sake of dumping him makes the team better. A legit return is required or you look at other bodies.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Sure but you don't move him to save cap, you move him for an equally talented player at a different position.

I beg to differ, look at Chicago they had no choice in a lot of those trades because the end result was being cap compliant , so they took what they thought was promising, but in the end nothing worked out.

Teams know Toronto has cap issues coming and are not in a mood to help Toronto out with their requests,

Reactions: OTC

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think the Leafs just blindfold Marleau throw him in a van and drive over to Ottawa - throw his ass out in the parking lot and say we changed our logo, colors and home facilities...see you at camp buddy!!

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
You go through who is the most expendable and you have conversations and determine what the best deals are that would allow you to ice the most competitive team the following year.

I don't think dumping Kadri for the sake of dumping him makes the team better. A legit return is required or you look at other bodies.

How would kadri not fit into the mix? He just cost his team and it's not the first time he has had a problem.

What GM will tolerate a player who can't control his emotions and costs his team.

What happens if the leafs where in the Stanley cup finals and that happened ?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I beg to differ, look at Chicago they had no choice in a lot of those trades because the end result was being cap compliant , so they took what they thought was promising, but in the end nothing worked out.

Teams know Toronto has cap issues coming and are not in a mood to help Toronto out with their requests,

You'd have a point if there was only one team bidding on Toronto's players. If someone lowballs us on Kadri, there's 10 other teams willing to beat their offer up to market value. Toronto's cap issues are nowhere near as bad as Chicago's were, and our farm system is much more stocked than Chicago's was. We can run almost an entire bottom 6 and bottom pairing of just ELCs without it being a huge liability.

I'd rather pay a 1st round pick for someone to take Zaitsev/Marleau than trade Kadri for next to nothing and lose out on more than a 1st round pick of value.

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
Pretty sure Toronto laughs at this.

Can a leafs fan comment on why Kadri is falling out of favor? I’ve seen a couple of threads now that suggest they are looking to deal him out of town

Also what would be a reasonable asking price?
they are not. He is an attractive piece that we can move yo make room for marner. if he is moved it can be blamed on lou lam due to bad signings before he got fired which ate up our cap space

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
How would kadri not fit into the mix? He just cost his team and it's not the first time he has had a problem.

What GM will tolerate a player who can't control his emotions and costs his team.

What happens if the leafs where in the Stanley cup finals and that happened ?

Then we deal with it, it happens.

The Leafs centre depth is pretty bad after Matthews and Tavares so unless the deal is actually going to help the Leafs then the Leafs sacrifice someone like Brown.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
You'd have a point if there was only one team bidding on Toronto's players. If someone lowballs us on Kadri, there's 10 other teams willing to beat their offer up to market value. Toronto's cap issues are nowhere near as bad as Chicago's were, and our farm system is much more stocked than Chicago's was. We can run almost an entire bottom 6 and bottom pairing of just ELCs without it being a huge liability.

I'd rather pay a 1st round pick for someone to take Zaitsev/Marleau than trade Kadri for next to nothing and lose out on more than a 1st round pick of value.

I'm nor sure your argument holds any value.

When Chicago won their first cup not only was that team stocked , their farm system was loaded , how do,you think Chicago was able to win 3 cups , 5 western conference finals from 08-09 through 14-15 season?

The team was loaded with talent even after their first cup the plethora of talent lost most teams wouldn't be irrelevant after that.

It was their farm system that produced
Crawford
Shaw
Tevo
Kruger
Saad
Darling
Raanta

Should I continue

Toronto last summer was already planning their Stanley cup parade before the season even started after all the hype about Tavares

And the end result Tavares who is overpaid , was MIA . In return they got bounced in the first round.

Now Toronto has a lot of decisions to make this off season,

Marner in a lot of people's eyes deserves just as much in salary as Tavares based on his numbers.

Kadri won't fetch a huge return and it wouldn't surprise a lot of people if he was moved .

Reactions: LDF

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
He's absolutely ****ed the team in back to back playoffs, **** him as far as I'm concerned, guys dead to me.

I share the same view. He screwed his team over two playoffs in a row with the same type of suspension against the same team. I’m want him gone.

Reactions: Taylorst

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I share the same view. He screwed his team over two playoffs in a row with the same type of suspension against the same team. I’m want him gone.
Can't argue. My stance right now is put both Kadri and Nylander on the block....whoever offers the best RHD for either (with us adding if need be) gets him...and the other plays 3C here.

Reactions: Taylorst

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Can't argue. My stance right now is put both Kadri and Nylander on the block....whoever offers the best RHD for either (with us adding if need be) gets him...and the other plays 3C here.

Glad to see real honest leafs fans noting the same thing other people have been saying.

It's possible to move kadri take what is given , Nylander probably has more trade value , however his numbers this year after sitting out make him a skeptical piece to move.

Their are free agents available who Toronto could pursue if they really want to go after.

With the money freed up if both of those guys are moved,

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Just another troll job....
Yes, kadri was suspended.
He, Tom Wilson and brad Marchand will all be traded for nobody prospects because they each got suspended
Two of these players have Cups. One has....well you, I guess.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015

Can’t blame Leaf fans with Nylander. I would want him gone as well and Marleau put him in rocket and fire him to the moon. Totally useless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad