Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
To :hawks
C Nazem Kadri

To :leafs
D Ian Mitchell (Rights)

Lots of speculation that Kadri could be moving out of Tor in offseason especially with some of the cap issues and the past two years playoff meltdowns. Hawks could use an upgrade at #3C to slot alongside Saad and hopefully get more consistency from 3rd line

I suspect AA will be dealt in offseason for futures as Hawks continue to look at getting younger lineup overall

Leafs would get back a good RHD prospect who is going back to NCAA for his junior year and likely will be jumping to NHL for start of 2020-2021 season

Both teams are dealing from area's of depth they can afford to trade from. With Leafs its NHL C depth with Hawks its RHD prospect depth

Thoughts?

Reactions: LDF

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
If Kadri can bounce back next season he is exactly what this team needs up front in terms of style of play and affordability. I don't know enough about Mitchell to adequately comment on his value, but I wouldn't consider this 1 for 1 for a second from a Toronto POV.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Pretty sure Toronto laughs at this.

Can a leafs fan comment on why Kadri is falling out of favor? I’ve seen a couple of threads now that suggest they are looking to deal him out of town

Also what would be a reasonable asking price?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Can a leafs fan comment on why Kadri is falling out of favor? I’ve seen a couple of threads now that suggest they are looking to deal him out of town

Not a Leaf fan, but I'd imagine getting suspended two years in a row in the playoffs isn't helping things and they are up against the cap.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Mitchell is a pretty solid RD prospect. I Know that is a need to TOR. probably a fair starting point, had a below AVG year and the suspensions really probably hurt his value. plus he gets a lot of penalties. in the regular season.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I don't need to watch him to know you overrate prospects. Just look at this proposal. Your perspective is faulty.
I didnt comment whatsoever on the value of the proposal. You're the one extrapolating assumptions from nothing.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
To :hawks
C Nazem Kadri

To :leafs
D Ian Mitchell (Rights)

Lots of speculation that Kadri could be moving out of Tor in offseason especially with some of the cap issues and the past two years playoff meltdowns. Hawks could use an upgrade at #3C to slot alongside Saad and hopefully get more consistency from 3rd line

I suspect AA will be dealt in offseason for futures as Hawks continue to look at getting younger lineup overall

Leafs would get back a good RHD prospect who is going back to NCAA for his junior year and likely will be jumping to NHL for start of 2020-2021 season

Both teams are dealing from area's of depth they can afford to trade from. With Leafs its NHL C depth with Hawks its RHD prospect depth

Thoughts?
love the trade idea and in all honesty a fair 1 for 1 trade.

the upside of Mitchell as a d-men in several yrs is going to be very good a top 2 pairing easily and a good potential of a top pairing.

the upside for Kadri is a player a very good player for the now. not having to wait for yrs to develop......

i wonder if the Bhawks can weasel a 2nd round pick ?? :D :popcorn:

Reactions: Taylorst

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

I don’t think he’s falling out of favour. Dubas could look to move him because he’s an expensive 3rd line center, but he wouldn’t touch a deal like this. They can’t trade Kadri for a lottery ticket, they have to get someone established back.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012

I think fans are unhappy with what's happened the last two playoffs and he may do well with a fresh start.

He had back to back 32 goal seasons as a 2C but unfortunately moving down to 3C and carrying offensive boat anchors like Marleau and Brown most of the season saw his production drop off. Given top 6 minutes and line mates I would expect him to be a 30 goal scorer again.

Toronto also doesn't want to lose guys like Johnsson and Kapanen so moving salary is a must and Kadri could be the guy to fall.

Asking price is likely a top 4 RHD.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
The only piece that would make sense for the leafs would be strome or joker. Chicago probably says no and then no more trade talks.

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
I don’t think he’s falling out of favour. Dubas could look to move him because he’s an expensive 3rd line center, but he wouldn’t touch a deal like this. They can’t trade Kadri for a lottery ticket, they have to get someone established back.
They also need to meet the cap hit.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I think fans are unhappy with what's happened the last two playoffs and he may do well with a fresh start.

He had back to back 32 goal seasons as a 2C but unfortunately moving down to 3C and carrying offensive boat anchors like Marleau and Brown most of the season saw his production drop off. Given top 6 minutes and line mates I would expect him to be a 30 goal scorer again.

Toronto also doesn't want to lose guys like Johnsson and Kapanen so moving salary is a must and Kadri could be the guy to fall.

Asking price is likely a top 4 RHD.
Not to hi-jack this thread but I think Kadri would be huge for Pitt at 3C. He crosses the line at times obviously but his energy and grit is something that our roster lacks.

I would offer Bjugstad+2019 1st for Kadri and Brown, saves the leafs 2.5 mill in cap and gives you a replacement 3C. Or something around Schultz, but he makes more $ than Kadri.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Tml should have no interest in this offer, but they’re not going to get full value if Kadri’s a cap casualty.

Reactions: OTC

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
That’s what they say. Doesn’t usually work out that way.
I guess the only way we find out for sure is if he's traded. So many teams in this league need quality centers I doubt Toronto will have trouble moving him for fair value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad