Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CBJ/SJS] TOR acquire Nick Foligno [75% Retained] & Stefan Noesen for 2021 1st, 2021 & 2022 4ths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I watched the video where Foligno says he's not moving his kids out of the Columbus schools. That sounds like a guy who is resigning in Columbus. A first round pick for a month's rental. Nice haul for them.
Out of Columbus schools this year? Or ever? Guess he's gonna be a rental for the next few years... Columbus has a rebuild ahead.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I watched the video where Foligno says he's not moving his kids out of the Columbus schools. That sounds like a guy who is resigning in Columbus. A first round pick for a month's rental. Nice haul for them.

No need to move your kids for a few months, when he has no idea where he’ll play next year. Maybe it’s Columbus, maybe it’s somewhere else.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Foligno will drop them with anyone. There won't be liberties taken against AM and MM anymore

Fairly sure Foligno is not going to stop anyone from crosschecking those guys. If they have to fight, they will fight. Or they will turtle behind someone who will fight.

Foligno is not some schoolyard bully who scares off the smaller bullies. They are just as big and not afraid to tussle themselves.

Reactions: Twowingcantfly

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Yep!

Mack 10-12 million next contract 10000%
Land 7-8 million
Kadri 5-6 million

Makar ALL THE MONEY
Kadri is on pace for around 20 goals and 56 points and he's a -4 on a very good team. I thought I had read that he gets alot of offensive zone starts and limited defensive zone starts. He has only 6 even strength goals in 41 games.

Not sure if he is gonna be up for a significant raise... unless he blows up in playoffs again.

Reactions: TopChedder

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Why would Foligno put his family through quaratine, another ontario lockdown, and remote learning (soon) just to have them around when the season is almost over?

Even if the leafs make it past the second round they'll be forced to play in a neutral US arena anyways.It would be insane to put them through all that.

Twowingcantfly

Jul 4, 2019
Kadri is on pace for around 20 goals and 56 points and he's a -4 on a very good team. I thought I had read that he gets alot of offensive zone starts and limited defensive zone starts. He has only 6 even strength goals in 41 games.

Not sure if he is gonna be up for a significant raise... unless he blows up in playoffs again.
I watched quite a number of their games. Kadri's contribution has been phenomenal. He plays through a lot more punishment than Mathews, Marner, Taveres et all. He has lived up to expectations since day one. This guy is a legit #2 C. Problem for Colorado is will they be able to resign. My bet is he will play for Seattle if exposed to the expansion draft.

GrizzGreen

Oct 16, 2017
Laguna
You're wecome but thats not actually what I meant. Just the less you can scout the more the uncertainty. Not profound at all, really pretty basic. If you are old enough, think back to the drafts of Scheifele and OEL who earned their high selections but needed full seasons to climb that far. Or compare the TSN mid season rankings with the year end ones in any season. In a year where there are way fewer games and a whole bunch of video scouting there figures to be a ton of blown picks. We dont even have last years Junior playoffs to look at so the sample is smaller yet.
Dog, in a draft with known knowns, you place more stake in the picks than that with known unknowns. 2022/2023 are projected to be significantly higher in overall talent than this draft with a random mix of players who could go in the first round.

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands

a lot of Avs fans expect they let Kadri walk when his contract ends. They have Newhook coming up and I can also totally see them going after Danault this summer.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Remember all the Granlund rumours? Well it turned out Nashville decided to keep him. That could have contributed to the high price for Foligno.

If Dubas was working on a Granlund deal that got pulled out from under him, then he'd have to jump to plan B. CBJ would have had other offers, and Toronto had to pay up to be the highest bidder.

With our need at forward, Palmieri already off the board and Granlund now off the market, who else could they land in the same tier? They clearly weren't after Hall. So the options were Foligno, Carter, Bennett, and Janmark.

I'm glad they added Foligno, especially wwith the other options from that list.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Remember all the Granlund rumours? Well it turned out Nashville decided to keep him. That could have contributed to the high price for Foligno.

If Dubas was working on a Granlund deal that got pulled out from under him, then he'd have to jump to plan B. CBJ would have had other offers, and Toronto had to pay up to be the highest bidder.

With our need at forward, Palmieri already off the board and Granlund now off the market, who else could they land in the same tier? They clearly weren't after Hall. So the options were Foligno, Carter, Bennett, and Janmark.

I'm glad they added Foligno, especially wwith the other options from that list.
In a recent poll the fans voted 99 to 27 in favour of obtaining Foligno over Granlund. Dubas just giving the fans what they wanted..

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
In a recent poll the fans voted 99 to 27 in favour of obtaining Foligno over Granlund. Dubas just giving the fans what they wanted..

You think Dubas knew about a recent HF poll, and made roster decisions based on it?

Even if he knew what the fans wanted, I don't think it would sway his decisions in the slightest.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
You think Dubas knew about a recent HF poll, and made roster decisions based on it?

Even if he knew what the fans wanted, I don't think it would sway his decisions in the slightest.
Ever watch the game shows where a choice is ask the audience? The audience is a very rarely incorrect. If a player is favoured by a 4 to 1 margin chances are that player was the correct decision regardless if Dubas saw the poll or not.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Ever watch the game shows where a choice is ask the audience? The audience is a very rarely incorrect. If a player is favoured by a 4 to 1 margin chances are that player was the correct decision regardless if Dubas saw the poll or not.

You have to be kidding me.

Your not taking into account the cost to trade, other teams making offers, a player making a request, negotiations, cap implications, affect on other potential moves, timing, and a billion other factors.

This trade didn't happen in a vacuum. Dubas didn't click a check box beside Foligno's name on a poll. Even if he did want Foligno more, it doesn't guarantee Dubas gets him. There's more to it.

And nothing can yet be called "the correct decision." That's such a joke.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
You have to be kidding me.

Your not taking into account the cost to trade, other teams making offers, a player making a request, negotiations, cap implications, affect on other potential moves, timing, and a billion other factors.

This trade didn't happen in a vacuum. Dubas didn't click a check box beside Foligno's name on a poll. Even if he did want Foligno more, it doesn't guarantee Dubas gets him. There's more to it.

And nothing can yet be called "the correct decision." That's such a joke.
There was a wish list whether we got it or not is irrelevant. Turns out we did get it.. so we got what we wanted. The decision was correct in that we got what we asked for.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Fairly sure Foligno is not going to stop anyone from crosschecking those guys. If they have to fight, they will fight. Or they will turtle behind someone who will fight.

Foligno is not some schoolyard bully who scares off the smaller bullies. They are just as big and not afraid to tussle themselves.
There really isn't a player in the league that can stop a dirty hit if we're really going with this logic though. I mean, you can look at Kadri. The guy got a lot of praise but didn't stop anything from happening and put himself into terrible situations by getting suspended and making the team worse . And its not like he had on ice punishment against Boston for taking runs at players and thats with Chara on the ice. So does that mean Chara can't stop dirty hits despite being able to bully anyone in the league? All I can say about Foligno is, that I think you're underselling him just a little, the guy has fought some tough guys like Clifford and Reeves

Reactions: Lumberg

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
We need a Foligno more than we need a Hall.

This team needs people that stand up to be counted when the battle is coming. There's plenty of elite talent.

LAt how many play-offs, character was what was missing in the key times.

Wise move from Dubas. Feel like he's learning and getting better at the time.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I remember when MacKinnon signed that deal and it was considered an overpayment at the time.
People often forget that. Also, I think he was switched to RW bc he was not good at C.
He only broke out after ROR and Duchence were traded. Imagine how good the Avs would be if they kept ROR.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Listening to sports radio in Columbus yesterday it sounded like Jarmo laid all the cards on the table for Nick and let him have significant say in which deal they accepted.
Thats sound like what Leafs did with Dougie. Maybe years later it will be known that BJs could have traded Nick to some team in exchange for someone like Nasland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad