Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CAR] Marleau, 2020 1st Rd. (Top 10 Prot.) & 2020 7th Rd. to CAR for 2020 6th Rd. [PART 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
What in the heck is going on in this thread? :laugh:

Great question.

If I'm understanding this, one poster has accused another poster of lying for using the word "color" which, I think, he has suggested was done intentionally in order to .... suggest he was American because that would strengthen his argument somehow?

Is that what happened here? Because none of this makes any sense at all.

For the record, there is no wrong or right way to spell "color." One spelling is rooted in the United States, while another spelling is found in other English speaking countries, but neither one is wrong or right so this guy really needs to get over himself.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
No, no... address the Color thing first, lol.

That's a pretty big Woopsie to use Color multiple times when nobody learns that in school outside the states. This is a question of credibility now.

Fyi, we use Colour.
Many Canadians use Color,Theater,So what's your point. You some kind of grammar teacher.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Now back to the thread.
All the talk from Leaf fans claiming that it would not cost the Leafs much to dump Marleau.
Guest they were wrong on this one.I seen written many times that there was no chance that they would have to give up a 1st. We were all out in left field. Guess again.;)

end

Mar 18, 2007
Arklay Mansion
To think I took abuse from the golden horseshoe for saying that was a bad deal when it was signed. There wasn't a shift Marleau took in a Leafs jersey that wasn't better spent on Kapanen, Brown or any young player. I approve of getting some vets to teach young guys the ropes, but not if it costs you your first round pick. I've heard the defense that they needed the third year in order to attract him... indefensible as far as I'm concerned. Your pick is for loading up at the deadline, not for undoing an unforced error.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Good move for Carolina. Dont know how much PM has left, but he can at least mentor the kids like JWilliams

Reactions: vorbis

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Many Canadians use Color,Theater,So what's your point. You some kind of grammar teacher.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Now back to the thread.
All the talk from Leaf fans claiming that it would not cost the Leafs much to dump Marleau.
Guest they were wrong on this one.I seen written many times that there was no chance that they would have to give up a 1st. We were all out in left field. Guess again.;)
Also happening in this thread: non-Leaf fans claiming Leafs fans said it would cost the Leafs minimal to dump Marleau (not true). Most non-Leaf fans were loving life thinking the Leafs would be stuck with Marleaus contract and no chance they would be able to move it or Zaitsevs. They were wrong.

Leafs are happy to be out of this contract and being able to keep their great core together is a win. Sucks losing a first but could be much worse.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Now back to the thread.

Nah. I wouldnt say lots. It might be more common in areas where english is not the first language. Ive never seen it where i live.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
To think I took abuse from the golden horseshoe for saying that was a bad deal when it was signed. There wasn't a shift Marleau took in a Leafs jersey that wasn't better spent on Kapanen, Brown or any young player. I approve of getting some vets to teach young guys the ropes, but not if it costs you your first round pick. I've heard the defense that they needed the third year in order to attract him... indefensible as far as I'm concerned. Your pick is for loading up at the deadline, not for undoing an unforced error.
This is BS.

Im a leaf fan and the overwhelming majority said they dont mind spending the space on marleau but didnt like the third year. Butvat least the third year was structured to help get out of it.

It was pretty clear from day 1 that the leafs didnt really expect to keep him 3 years. They did their best to give themselves an out. It cost them a first, but they got out of it.

There was no one, not one, saying they loved it, and all 3 years of it.

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
Nylander should've been converted to a young RHD with cost control through the end of PM's contract or longer. But it didn't happen. Not for want of trying. I just don't think Carolina wants to give up Pesce. That deal is golden and they know it.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Dear Hockey Gods,

I just want to see the world burn.
upload_2019-11-19_8-16-23-png.279511

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I am still mad that this 1st + Marleau for capspace was not added to the Kadri deal. Damn you Sakic and your dream of Panarin...

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
An 11th OA pick in this draft would be like a 5-7 pick in an average draft.

Players chosen from 15-25 would be top 5-15 in other drafts. It’s that stacked, especially with offensive talent.

2020 is absolutely loaded with elite talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad