Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CAR] Marleau, 2020 1st Rd. (Top 10 Prot.) & 2020 7th Rd. to CAR for 2020 6th Rd. [PART 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Every fan base has their obnoxious fan including ours. Though few bring out the bellyachers from other teams like our team does.

To be fair im sure toronto has more good hockey fans then any other team. And % wise im sure most toronto fans are good

Its just the sheer volumn of the voice the obnoxious fans have that overwelms the rest of us

Theres like more toronto media then every other team put together... its impossible to avoid

When i do listen occasionally to American espn im immediately aware how obnoxious new york fans of baseball are or boston fans of football

Its not just a toronto thing... all large cities with an ego have this problem

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
It's not about interest though. How is this not obvious to you? Hes not interested, hes here to ruffle feathers. It's not about discussion of draft picks, at all. It is interesting to me, it's the team I cheer for. It's just funny how certain posters Cherry pick certain threads to bump when things arent going well for that specific team. Do I need to explain this any further or will you defer back to "just dont open the thread"?

You don’t think the guy who bumps this thread more than anyone is interested in seeing the leafs give up as high a pick as possible? His motivations aren’t what you’d like them to be (he hates the leafs), but he’s definitely interested in tracking the outcome of the trade.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Podkolzin was a lock for top-5. Caufield was a lock for top-10. Many though that Spencer Knight would go top-10. Askarov looks amazing but he is 1) a goalie and 2) Russian playing in Russia which creates twice the volatility.

In any case the 11-20 range is looking great. Holloway, Gunler, Zary, Lundell, Amirov, Mysak, Borque, Mercer, Perreault, etc. Deep in forward talent that could have gone 5-10 in an average year.
It's a deep draft. Lots of players that will be in the 11-16 range. I like a couple of names you added to Askarov. Lundell and Holloway are 2. If the pick is converted this year, The Canes are guaranteed a top blue chip prospect. I can see nothing but quality this draft. Though it is hard pressed to compare a draft to the 2015 one, my favourite. I potentially see this being a gem filled draft mid rd. IE Barzal, Connor, Konecy, Chabot. All players I loved that draft year that I thought were top 10 worthy. Waddell did very well securing a potential home run pick this draft. It will be interesting tracking the final outcome of this trade the remainder of the year.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
A big chunk of it is because of the media. Like ranking Matthews as a top 10 player for 2 years before he has proven it over lots of guys who HAVE paid their dues. Or all the gloating that was done when the Leafs got Babcock. Or the gloating over "we can and we will".

Reality is, the Leafs fanbase is bigger than everyone else. So naturally, there will be more obnoxious fans too. Personally, when I think of the fan that has had to suffer since their last win, I can relate being a Flyers fan. Watching my team for almost 40 years and not seeing a Cup win is awful. But it's the Leafs fans that lack humbleness that most have the issue with. The ones that would almost be happier that they get to rub a win in people's face. Those are people that other fanbase don't want to see get gratification.

And honestly, when a non-Leaf fan up in Canada buys a Hockey News and has to look at this cover over and over, rooting AGAINST the Leafs becomes easier.
View attachment 291455

"Toronto will win the Stanley Cup. It's only a matter of when, and how many"

These next 4 1/2 years until Matthews hits UFA are the most important in Leafs history.... whose idea was it to put a 29 year old nerd rookie GM with no experience in charge???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad