Value of: Tor-Arizona

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Who says no to the below trade?

To Tor: Lawson Crouse

To Arizona: Ilya Mikehyev

1 for 1 deal. Crouse offers great size and speed which leafs could use to insert onto the top 6. He would be a physical presence in the top 6 and has PK experience

Zona gets a in prime Mik who's looking for a 1-2 year deal prob b/w 1.5-2.5M and has arb rights. Produced 23 in 37 good for around 50 points. Limited sample size but was very good before his hand injury. Is only 26 and has great speed and also PKs well

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Its close for me. I really like soup and believe he can be a 60 point two way forward. With that being said Crouse offers a different kind of element that the leafs could really use. I think for a deal to get done leafs would need to add a little to make it happen.

Reactions: qqaz

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Who says no to the below trade?

To Tor: Lawson Crouse

To Arizona: Ilya Mikehyev

1 for 1 deal. Crouse offers great size and speed which leafs could use to insert onto the top 6. He would be a physical presence in the top 6 and has PK experience

Zona gets a in prime Mik who's looking for a 1-2 year deal prob b/w 1.5-2.5M and has arb rights. Produced 23 in 37 good for around 50 points. Limited sample size but was very good before his hand injury. Is only 26 and has great speed and also PKs well
Arizona says no. Toronto says yes. No deal.

genk

Nov 15, 2015
Holy shit lol. Hate to break it to you, but Crouse isn’t a prospect anymore. He’s 23 years old and has played four seasons in the NHL. He won’t magically develop into a Lucic-lite - what you see is what you get. Classic case of overrating a player based on his draft position.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
If Arizona ever wanted to check the market out for Crouse; there'd be alot of teams bidding...
Holy shit lol. Hate to break it to you, but Crouse isn’t a prospect anymore. He’s 23 years old and has played four seasons in the NHL. He won’t magically develop into a Lucic-lite - what you see is what you get. Classic case of overrating a player based on his draft position.
I think both of these posts are right. Soup > Crouse but Arizona could still get more

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I think both of these posts are right. Soup > Crouse...

I don't buy that yet...you know what Crouse is, you know his game and you know what you need from him; Soup is much more of a wild card at this point, not just for how productive he's gonna be, but exactly what kind of player he pans out as...neither side should really think about trading these kids yet, honestly...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
What Crouse is today is a cheap, young winger who’s 6’4 225lbs, is a great skater, is good for 15+ goals per year, 250+ hits per year, and 3+ fights per year. Also, a developing Nd defensive presence with good PK upside. If he can get more consistent with puck tipping on the PP, he could be an asset on both specialty teams.

I wish I could have one Lawson Crouse on all four of my forward lines. He’s a physical specimen that plays a well-rounded, smart game, in all situations and provides an the team sorry lacks. edge.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Power forwards take longer to develop. Go look at Tom Wilson and Josh Anderson's gradual climb to becoming 40+ point players. Crouse showed steady improvement last year. 25 in 81 games to 25 in 66 on a low scoring Coyotes team. Watching him play his improvement is evident.

I think playing at a 35-40 in 82 game pace is a realistic expectation for him next season. If he was on a higher scoring team it would be really interesting to see what he would put up. If this trade did happen (it isn't), I wouldn't be surprised if he put up 40+ on the Leafs.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Power forwards take longer to develop. Go look at Tom Wilson and Josh Anderson's gradual climb to becoming 40+ point players. Crouse showed steady improvement last year. 25 in 81 games to 25 in 66 on a low scoring Coyotes team. Watching him play his improvement is evident.

I think playing at a 35-40 in 82 game pace is a realistic expectation for him next season. If he was on a higher scoring team it would be really interesting to see what he would put up. If this trade did happen (it isn't), I wouldn't be surprised if he put up 40+ on the Leafs.

Scoring-wise, sure, but Wilson and Lucic were scary right from their rookie years. I don't see Crouse getting to a point where defensemen and heavyweights hear footsteps knowing he's on the ice even if his offense gets to Wilson levels eventually.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Mikheyev showed last year that he can play in the top 6. leafs shouldnt be moving him for a guy who cant play a top 6 role. whats the point of Crouse if he is only gonna make the team less skilled (Simmonds does exactly what Crouse does and is already on the team)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad