Proposal: Tor-Ana

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
That's a fair deal.

I don't do it until AP signs in STL though. So it would have to be a 2021 1st.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
27 in 2020

May want to edit the OP to clarify for others.
I think it's a decent offer but most TOR fans will view that late 1st as fluff to add to 15th or Andersen for a better return unless there's some decent D prospects in that range?

I think Nylander + good add (prospect) for Manson + Rakell would also be of interest for both teams.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
This seems like a quantity for quality type of move tbh. I think Manson could fit what Tor is looking for but none of those 3 pieces have nearly enough to even get in the ball park of Nylander. There are some elements here that would make good trades otherwise but overall it is not close

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
ANA is rebuilding and could get a better return if the players are traded separately.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
ANA is rebuilding and could get a better return if the players are traded separately.
I disagree - traded as individual assets, there is no singular piece coming back that has Nylander's value. Without a return of the better player the Ducks have no reason to trade the futures pieces (1st and Steel). So I can see why the Ducks wouldn't want to move all those pieces for Nylander, but they aren't getting a better player by moving those pieces separately.

Reactions: 1FreakZilla3

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The Leafs aren't trading Nylander unless there's a core rhD man with term coming back. Soon to be UFAs as the main piece doesn't do anything for them

Reactions: Drew311

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
The Leafs aren't trading Nylander unless there's a core rhD man with term coming back. Soon to be UFAs as the main piece doesn't do anything for them
I know this topic has been cycled through many times but I am curious are there 2-3 players that meet this description that you feel are equal value to Nylander?

Reactions: Vinman88

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Anaheim has no use for a soft overpaid 2nd line winger who disappears in the playoffs due to fear of a more physical game.
Nylander had 4 pts in 5 games this year and is .60 ppg for his playoff career.

For comparison sake:
Rakell- .41 ppg
Silfverberg- .65
Henrique- .36
Steel- never played in the playoffs
Terry- never played in the playoffs

I'd rather disappear in the playoffs then disappear for the 82 games before the playoffs. What's their excuse?

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
While the value might be fair, this isn't what Anaheim should be doing. Adding Nylander is trying to fast track a rebuild. IF Manson is traded, it should be for picks and prospects. Nylander will probably put up more points than Steel, but hopefully Steel will turn into a 50 point, 2nd line C. The Ducks likely will not be contenders for the next few years which will waste most of Nylander's contract. Toronto could probably add Manson @50% without trading Nylander by trading the 15+prospect.

Reactions: 1FreakZilla3

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
While the value might be fair, this isn't what Anaheim should be doing. Adding Nylander is trying to fast track a rebuild. IF Manson is traded, it should be for picks and prospects. Nylander will probably put up more points than Steel, but hopefully Steel will turn into a 50 point, 2nd line C. The Ducks likely will not be contenders for the next few years which will waste most of Nylander's contract. Toronto could probably add Manson @50% without trading Nylander by trading the 15+prospect.
IDK not talking about this particular trade but the idea that a rebuilding team, that had a high pick last year, and will get a high pick this year. would rather get another mid-1st or similar prospect over a proven top line talent is odd to me.

That mid 1st pick that you get is going to have 25% chance of being Nylander and if it happens it's 3 years away. If I'm rebuilding I'd rather add a sure top of the roster 24 year old player than get a prospect or pick that you have to roll the dice on AND wait on.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
It's interesting. But I don't think trading Nylander and his good contract would be the solution if Pietrangelo signed. If we had to move 1 top guy I think Marner is more likely. If nothing else was possible and this was the best offer for Nylander and the only way to bring Pietrangelo in I would take it.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Anaheim has no use for a soft overpaid 2nd line winger who disappears in the playoffs due to fear of a more physical game.

Is "disappearing in the playoffs" really a concern for Anaheim in the near future? Not being sarcastic, but how far away are they from being a playoff team? 1 year? 2 years? 3 years? (genuinely don't know)

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
There should be a Nylander trade proposal mega thread.
This is the 5th proposal that involves Nylander as the main piece in 3 days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad