Confirmed Trade: [TOR/ANA] Ben Hutton for 2022 5th round pick

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Honestly, I'll take it. I was very critical of Dubas but his moves this season have been solid and this TDL has officially pleased me. Its been a long time lol

I didn't want this guy as a UFA, but any D depth is fine by me as I'm ecstatic thinking of adding Foligno and Nash to our lineup come playoff time. Cheap move, Dubas paid for solid forward and goaltending depth.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I like this a lot, because to Leafs top 6 D has been solid but, if somebody goes down there was no experience beyond the top 6, Ben Hutton fixes that, now they don't need to rely on rookies if there is an injury

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would rather get Sandin in there if he's healthy
I assume Sandin prob gets first look... but its nice to have a back up back up plan... specially on the backend. Its a small price, you hope that he doesnt really have to be too much of a factor in a leafs playoff run... but there just incase.

Reactions: grapes55 and Petrus

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
I assume Sandin prob gets first look... but its nice to have a back up back up plan... specially on the backend. Its a small price, you hope that he doesnt really have to be too much of a factor in a leafs playoff run... but there just incase.

Last year Toronto had both Muzzin and Rielly injured at the same time. I don’t even recall who played in replacement. It was not a great situation. There is certainly more depth in the dcorps although I would have preferred someone a bit better than Sutton.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Last year Toronto had both Muzzin and Rielly injured at the same time. I don’t even recall who played in replacement. It was not a great situation. There is certainly more depth in the dcorps although I would have preferred someone a bit better than Sutton.
I thought you guys would have been all over hakanpaa.... but for what hutton needs to be hes fine for toronto.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
What happened to this guys value?? A few years ago on this website he was a hot commodity and now he got traded for a 5th? I haven't seen Anaheim play this year so any info would be nice. I know his corsi rel is among the worst in the NHL and that isn't promising.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Hutton is the definition of a replacement level player. As a 7-8 dman he’s fine but if he’s playing every night you’re in trouble.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
hutton is awful in his own end. good pick up only because i want the leafs to fail
I don't think too many team's success is exclusively from their 7-9th Dman. He's a depth pickup who can step in over Martin Marincin and allows Sandin and Liljegren to play big minutes for the Marlies.

Rielly
Brodie
Muzzin
Holl
Bogosian
Dermott

Hutton
Liljegren
Sandin
Marincin

Reactions: Ricky Bobby

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Eh whatever, depth dman for cheap. Good chance he doesn’t play in the playoffs, but if the injury bug strikes, good to have some cheap, serviceable insurance.

CamelToews

Dec 16, 2015
Hutton is the definition of a replacement level player. As a 7-8 dman he’s fine but if he’s playing every night you’re in trouble.
They've had the same 6 play all season. So by your definition, they should be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad