Top Wild prospect in serious trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
In an AHL playoff game tonight, recently acquired forward Alex Perezhogin was given a 5 minute major for slashing. He apparently took a two handed "baseball type" swing, and struck Cleveland Baron defenseman Garrett Stafford in the face. Reports from the scene say he lost multiple teeth, may have broken a cheekbone and suffered a seizure.

Even Hamilton fans say it was worse than Bertuzzi's incedent. Look for Perez to be suspended deep into next year.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
This sounds pretty outrageous. Stafford is on my roster, so I'll follow his progress closely. Perezhoghin is not known for this type of stuff, not at all. It's kind of like the NIedermayer incident where he broke his stick over Peter Worrell's head.

Hopefully Stafford is ok, and Perezhoghin should get what is coming to him. :shakehead

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
anyone know if the hit is available online? I saw it briefly on ESPN, but they didnt have a closeup or slow motion, so it was hard to see. To be honest, I couldn't even tell if it was deliberate, or if he was just careless with his stick while turning around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad