Top undrafted free agents available

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Brynäs defenseman Nick Angell scored 14 goals including 5 game-winning ones in the SEL. He's talking to a few NHL teams.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Brynäs defenseman Nick Angell scored 14 goals including 5 game-winning ones in the SEL. He's talking to a few NHL teams.

I would expect that there will be more than a few teams looking at Jonas Hiller after the success Backstrom and Norrena have had this year. I remember hearing on the broadcast of the Spengler Cup that a number of teams had expressed interest in Hiller.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
There is a doubtful rumor that he is coming over. Will teams be looking for another Backstrom with him? ;)

i think so. he is dominating in europe just like backstrom did. if i where JFJ i would throw out aubin and go with krizan and raycroft. the lightning, coyotes and kings should also consider him.

Alison

Sep 7, 2005
sudbury
Jonathan D'Aversa
67gp 13g 47a 60 points +14
Was not drafted IMO because the scouts where too busy drooling over M.Staal. D'Aversa had the hardest shot last year and the second hardest this year. Good steady defence men who can put up some points.

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
I'm from Cape Breton and have followed J.C Sawyer for many years. He was traded for the eagles top defenceman a few years ago J.P Cote. Sawyer was a disappointed his first few years because he used to make many mistakes defensively and was hated by the fans. But this year Sawyer has matured alot. He's a real leader on the eagles, wearing an 'A' and i wouldn't be surprised if some team took a shot at signing him at the end of the year

Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Aug 12, 2006
The Donatis? Were they dominate because of their age or do the have enough talent to make a team take a look?

there not physical enough, tyler donati is afraid to drive the net....and defensive play isnt exactly one of his strong suits.....also not really a team player from what ive seen in junior

Marco Corleone

Sep 6, 2004
David Laliberte from the PEI Rocket.

Was a draft pick of the FLyers, round 4 #124 overall 2004 but a back injury casue him to miss the entire 2nd half of the 04-05 season and the first half of the 05-06 season.

Flyers declined to re-sign, making him a FA

Came back this season healthy and led the team in pts, 50G,48A, 98pts in 68 gms..

He'll get an invite somewhere, Laliberte said the Flyers are still interested and the Canadiens have put out feelers.

Canadienjet

Dec 7, 2006
Laiberte will be signed by the flyers he is a good player and could benefit the flyers in their rebuilding efforts.Hey if not the habs can get him.

Canadienjet

Dec 7, 2006
What about jc blanchard of the victoriaville tigres he is a very good goalie best undrafted goalie in the q.

Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Aug 12, 2006
Jonathan D'Aversa
Was not drafted IMO because the scouts where too busy drooling over M.Staal. D'Aversa had the hardest shot last year and the second hardest this year. Good steady defence men who can put up some points.

i agree, hes been overshadowed by staal alot, very steady dman

Do_The_Trotsky

Jan 23, 2007
Jonathan D'Aversa

Wow those are really good numbers. If I was a team with a lot of money like the Leafs or Wings I would just take a chance on the guy. You have nothing to lose.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I would expect that there will be more than a few teams looking at Jonas Hiller after the success Backstrom and Norrena have had this year. I remember hearing on the broadcast of the Spengler Cup that a number of teams had expressed interest in Hiller.

i have to give you som credit for that one. according to eurohockey it is rumored that he has signed with the blues.

http://www.eurohockey.net/transfers/last_24_hours.html

Canadienjet

Dec 7, 2006
I remember Oscar when he played down here will never be a big scorer he can burn with his speed and do a great job playmaking.

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
not to sure if these two got signed but BRETT FESTERLING AND TIM KRAUS, they both attended the Anahiem camp along with teammate Brendan Mikkelson, and the coaching staff loved Festerling. Festerling and Kraus are two very underrated players IMO, i maybe a homer due to the fact that i have had season tickets to the giants for 4 years know, Festerling has the worlds greatest hip check, i am not joking his hip check is amazing, first he makes it look like the rob blake bum check and then he lifts the guy right over his back, he was also in the top 3 in +/- and is paired with Jon Blum as the shutdown pair, So fair to date in the playoffs they have shutdown the line of Aspenlind-Moller-Santorelli and Gagnon-Holloway-Robertson.

Buckleys

Jul 21, 2006
Attended Ottawa camp I think...He is big, can lug the puck has a decent shot and can play physical. Wouldn't be a bad pickup at all to tryout at the ECHL level then AHL.

Correct. I was surprised, given the state of Binghamton's blueline. He would have been a significant upgrade over Neil Komadoski or Neil Petruic.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
not to sure if these two got signed but BRETT FESTERLING AND TIM KRAUS, they both attended the Anahiem camp along with teammate Brendan Mikkelson, and the coaching staff loved Festerling. Festerling and Kraus are two very underrated players IMO, i maybe a homer due to the fact that i have had season tickets to the giants for 4 years know, Festerling has the worlds greatest hip check, i am not joking his hip check is amazing, first he makes it look like the rob blake bum check and then he lifts the guy right over his back, he was also in the top 3 in +/- and is paired with Jon Blum as the shutdown pair, So fair to date in the playoffs they have shutdown the line of Aspenlind-Moller-Santorelli and Gagnon-Holloway-Robertson.

you seem extremely proud of those season tickets;)

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i am, it cost me so much for me and my buddys. redwingsfan you are flying tonight as well.;)

i would have been to, but the only season ticket i can get is to my near by norwegian crap league team. i would loved to live in canada and watch quality hockey on a regular basis.

lol. yeah. im allways flying around here. i live here on the prospect board:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad