Top undrafted free agents available

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
JC Sawyer from the QMJHL plays for the cape breton screaming eagles... The kid is vastly under-rated.. He has all the skills to make it to the big league...

Led the Q in scoring as a defenceman but yet only made it to the second team all-star... i would definately sign him!

GP G A Pts
QMJHL 68 15 62 77

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
JC Sawyer from the QMJHL plays for the cape breton screaming eagles... The kid is vastly under-rated.. He has all the skills to make it to the big league...

Led the Q in scoring as a defenceman but yet only made it to the second team all-star... i would definately sign him!

GP G A Pts
QMJHL 68 15 62 77

He has size too. I'm surprsied he wasn't drafted. Is his skating an issue? There has to be some sort of major flaw with him.

NVM he was drafted.

Last edited:

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
The Donatis? Were they dominate because of their age or do the have enough talent to make a team take a look?
Well, they definitely have talent. Their history probably isn't looked upon too favourably in the stodgier circles of hockeydom, but it didn't stop them from getting a look-see at camp last year (was it Detroit?). They'll get another camp invitation somewhere, and go from there I'd guess. It would surprise me if anybody signed them outright before then. But a camp invite, then pending that more likely a deal direct with the minor league affiliate if they impress, with more audition work after that if they hope to land an NHL deal.

I don't suppose NHL execs would be looking at them as examples of "top undrafted free agents available", though. :dunno:

Best of luck to them, however... they've been through a lot and I've enjoyed watching them at St.Mike's. :handclap:

Lux Aurumque*

There are some guys playing in Sweden that definately deserve some consideration.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
He has one year left at college doesnt he. If he wasnt going back i would expect a team would already have gave him a contract.

23 years old and 64 points (second in the nation)

I heard it was something about military commitment?

Leif

Aug 19, 2005
Seattle
He can pay the government for his education and play pro hockey if he chooses, I believe some football players and such have done this. It would take a hefty signing bonus though to pay for it though.

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
The Donati's come to my mind right away... I also believe the other Perry on the Knights could definitly land himself a spot int he AHL to prove himself, alot like the way Daniel Girardi has battled his way all year to top minutes with the New York Rangers. Adam on the other hand I truly hope he does get signed by someone but not until next season for selfish reasons lol, he'll be a amazing OA for the Knights next season, but I don't feel his game will suit the pro's...

mnhowitzer

Jul 7, 2006
Ryan Duncan just won the Hobey and is undrafted. Although he has stated that he'll be back at UND next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad