Top Undrafted and Unsigned CHL 1991's

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Who are they?

Out of the WHL, someone like Nathan Lieuwen comes to mind. Andrej Stastny is in there too. Maybe even someone like Jonathan Parker in Prince Albert.

Who are some other guys?

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
From the QMJHL maybe Philip-Michaël Devos, Ondraj Palat, Jonathan Audy-Marchessault, Joel Champgagne.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
G Adam Brown of the Kelowna Rockets has been doing really well this year. I think he got invited to the Ducks camp last year, but I may be wrong on that.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
G Adam Brown of the Kelowna Rockets has been doing really well this year. I think he got invited to the Ducks camp last year, but I may be wrong on that.

But he's also 5'10 (at most) correct? Not sure someone that size has a pro future.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Yeah he's listed at 5'10, but I mean that's more average than small I'd say. Unfortunately everyone is looking at size nowadays, and small guys that are still good won't get any looks.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Thought of another. 96 point scorer Brendan Shinnimin of Tri City.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
he's not going anywhere.. couldn't even make an austrian team.

Yeah, I heard this story, but he was not in shape at this camp I think. But now that he's in shape, he's very good. I don't know if you have seen him play, but every times I watched the Remparts he was very good. I know he's an overage, but his number are very good, he's very solid defensively, his the best or one of the best faceoff man in the QMJHL, he's big and physical, very good puck protection, etc. I think a team should take a chance on him. He could be solid bottom six center.

L4vK

Nov 25, 2009
This thread scream me ! haha, too bad they will never ever sign a Junior A guy :(

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Josh Shalla stands out to me. I keep pimping him in threads, but he has a goal scoring instinct that can't be taught. The St. Louis Blues took him to Traverse City last year so there is NHL interest and his 55 goals in the OHL between the regular season and playoffs should only fan that fire. He's a big kid with an NHL sized frame. Not very physical and not a great skater, but he has NHL caliber tools.

Ams1fan

Sep 10, 2009
Drew Owsley

I know he's too small to get a realistic shot at the NHL, but he's a phenomenal goaltender. Hopefully he'll get a camp invite or something, if he's given a chance to show his skill he'll certainly surprise people. He's now #1 all-time for playoff victories for the TC Americans; more than Carey Price, Chet Pickard, Brian Boucher.

Brendan Shinnimin is another. Very well could've won the league scoring race if not the well publicized 12 game suspension. People talk a lot about Shane McColgan being a great pick as a 2nd rounder. Under-sized but very skilled. IMO Shinnimin has more skill, is a little bit bigger, and has produced more consistently than McColgan (granted he's a couple years older), and could probably be had for a 7 round pick.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Rumour has it he has signed to play Austria next year.

Really? We actually grew up together(and Tarasuk) and just lives down the street from me haha... haven't heard anything.

I think he may hold out on 1 more year with San Jose at their camp... and decide from there.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Really? We actually grew up together(and Tarasuk) and just lives down the street from me haha... haven't heard anything.

I think he may hold out on 1 more year with San Jose at their camp... and decide from there.

It was brought up on a London and Guelph forum... I've heard nothing but the rumour so take it for what it is.... pick up the phone and give him a call...;)

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
It was brought up on a London and Guelph forum... I've heard nothing but the rumour so take it for what it is.... pick up the phone and give him a call...;)

My lord, you are correct haha.

I did send him a text once you told me that, and it was on his facebook.

Thanks for the heads up! :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad