Top UFA's on each team?

leafaholix*

Who are the top UFA players on these European teams?

Magnus Johansson really impressed me.

Other names, please comment on them if you know anythying:

Zbynek Irgl (Czech Republic)

Petterri Nummelin (Finland)
Tomi Kallio (Finland)

Magnus Johansson (Sweden)
Kenny Jonsson (Sweden)
Jesper Mattsson (Sweden)
Jorgen Jonsson (Sweden)
Jonas Nordquist (Sweden)
Andreas Karlsson (Sweden)

Martin Pluss (Switzerland)

Dominik Granak (Slovakia)
Karol Krizan (Slovakia)
Miroslav Zalesak (Slovakia)
Mirsoslav Kovacik (Slovakia)

Andrei Mezin (Belarus)

Ilja Nikulin (Russia)
Max Sushinsky (Russia)
Denis Arkhipov (Russia)
Sergei Zvyagin (Russia)

Patrick Thoresen (Norway)

Kim Staal (Denmark)
Morten Green (Denmark)

I've read that Magnus Johansson has drawn interest from the Maple Leafs, and 2 other clubs.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I think the Wild board has already discussed the very likely probability that Sushinsky returns to North America this year.

And personally, I wouldn't get to interested in Miro Zalesak. He failed to crack the Sharks in all the time he was here, then he couldn't stick with Washington when they acquired him. I doubt that he'd be willing to give up job security in Europe for what would probably be a slim chance to make an NHL club.

Event Horizon

Jul 30, 2005
I have no idea about his ability, but I believe the Caps let him go because he couldn't pass a physical after an injury.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Event Horizon said:
I have no idea about his ability, but I believe the Caps let him go because he couldn't pass a physical after an injury.

IIRC, Zalesak was assigned to Hershey, AHL, and cleared waivers. He reported to Hershey, but did not practice/skate with the team. He had an out in his contract to return to Europe if he was assigned to the AHL and he chose to leave when Sodertalje offered the contract within a few days of his being assigned. I don't recall any issues with a physical/injury. You may be thinking of Majesky who was not able to pass his physical at the start of the season after suffering a knee injury at last year's World Championships. He stayed with the Caps and after rehabbing played for them.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Andrej Kollar (Slovakia) is a UFA too.

With his good showing at the WC's, I think some NHL team may offer him a 450k contract. He is big (6'5) and a good PK-er.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad