Top "tough guys" with talent-CHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whawks33

Apr 1, 2002
Portland OR
Visit site
Dubinsky isn't a fighter. But yes, he will take on guys his own size. Took on Brule the other night. But more often, he is one of the players that a tough guy would protect. Dubinsky is a skilled play making center who can play the game with grit.

Prucha73

Whawks33 said:
Dubinsky isn't a fighter. But yes, he will take on guys his own size. Took on Brule the other night. But more often, he is one of the players that a tough guy would protect. Dubinsky is a skilled play making center who can play the game with grit.

Yes, by the way who won that fight?

Bully73

Jul 22, 2004
Brandon
1582Straka1897 said:
What about Ryan Stone? Would he be considered a "tough" player?

Stone is the kind of guy everyone hates to play against - very chippy with the stick, loves to put his gloves in your face and can lay the body well. He can handle himself well in fights, but don't expect him to get in many this year - McCrimmon would probably kill him due to his injury problems of the last two years.

azrael111

Oct 1, 2004
So can anyone do a top ten/five list of 2005 draft eligible fighters/enforcers? I know Kassian and Stoestz(sp?) are eligible but don't know enough about them to rank them.

fanforsure

Jul 16, 2003
Tough Guy with Talent

Colt King is a true enforcer and has loads of skill. Could be a top power forward in the NHL .

Pedrostallion1

Jun 29, 2004
Dubinsky

Granted this was last year but during a game against the ICE, Dubinsky must have rubbed the ICE tough guy...Nigel Dawes :) the wrong way. Dawes dropped the gloves and Dubinsky turtled.

Dubinsky is anything but a tough guy but is one of those agitating players you hate to play against but would love to have on your team....so long as there is goonish type player willing to clean up for him!

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
What about Ryan Donnaly. I know he's not an enforcer but he seems to be pretty tough and has some decent skill at least in the OHL. If this is about enforcers only then i dont think he woudl fit in the list.

mowthecat

Cant Believe Nobody Mentioned Phaneuf

Cropduster said:
As far as juniors are concerned, would these be the top prospects that can fight and actually play?

Guillaume Desbiens(Atlanta)-QMJHL
Mike Egener(Tampa Bay)-WHL
Brandon Dubinsky(NY Rangers)-WHL
Daniel Carcillo(Pittsburg)-OHL
Zach Stortini(Edmonton)-WHL

are there any others out there that have a legimate shot at the NHL because of their ability to intimidate and score a few?

He's certainly heads above the rest mentioned as far as playing skills and in a few years there wont be many in the NHl that will want to take him on.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
The currently-injured Mark Fistric deserves mention. He's huge (really, really huge), and physically punishing. Before the injury he was looking to make a big step overall in his game, and there's no reason not to believe he's got #4/5 defenseman potential in the NHL. I think he's one of the tougher boys in the CHL in general, it's just too bad he got injured in the first place. He can have the odd game where he isn't physical enough, but not too many anymore.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Brandon Prust comes to mind from the Flames. Saw him in camp and he took on a guy about 6 inches taller than him. He won the fight because they guy was off balance but then suprisingly had a rematch with the much, much bigger goon.

"He wanted a rematch and I had to give it to him," Prust said matter of factly. "Guys want to redeem themselves and we don't have a second game to do it. It's nothing personal, just something we've got to show the coaches because it's part of the game."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Calgary/2004/09/13/627530.html

Prust looks like a high energy, buzzsaw out there who actually has some decent hands as well. Flames scouts compared him in style to a Scotty Walker. From what I've seen he'll fight with anyone, work his butt off every shift but still has the talent to pot some points. He had 19 goals, 52 points and 269 penalty minutes last season.

He's an overager this year with the Mem Cup hosting London Knights so as long as they don't deal him most will get a chance to see his game come next spring.

Whoops didn't notice that a couple people already mentioned him.

As well I'm pretty sure Egener turned pro this year. He's definitely not back with the Hitmen.

I second that 100% ..... he just keeps fighting and fighting guys that are way bigger and taller but I haven't seen him lose a fight badly yet. Fought twice in his first game back and 1stof the season.

MetFan

Dec 26, 2003
P.A Raiders d-man Mike Gauthier is looking pretty tough this year. He also can play well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad