Top ten Defensive prospects

• Thread starter Vic Rattlehead*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketsfan

ok what about....

on the same line as shea... what about kelownas smooth skating hard hitting when he wants too and very offensive defence man Josh Gorges? (6'1 200lbs).... what do you think about his prospect.... definately not a top 10... maybe a top 10 in offense dmen... but i really think hes going to pick it up from now on.... and what a leader... one of the best leaders ive ever seen...

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
i don't think josh gorges is a top 10 offensive dman prospect either... he's very good as a young defenceman with a good skillset, and he played VERY well in kelowna...

my argument to that would be duncan keith... he played VERY well with his time in kelowna, similar type of player but imo was a little feistier... duncan keith isn't close to a top ten offensive defender, and imo gorges isn't there either..

these are just silly lists people talk about made up of the more elite prospects, don't put any faith in them as legit predictions of the players in five years.. gorges can turn out to become an nhl defenceman and ryan whitney could fall off the planet, but for where, when, how, and why they were drafted, gorges is where he should be (not on the list) and whitney is where he should be (on the list)..

when talking prospects like this thread is doing, compare gorges to courchaine for a minute.. a player who's put up solid numbers in the whl and has been an integral part of the team in vancouver, however you'd never find him on a top 15 or even top 25-30 forward prospect list.. key word is 'prospect'.. again, courchaine could easily become an nhler over pierre marc bouchard or patrick o'sullivan.. yet as prospects they are simply in different groupings..

that's how i'm looking at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->