Top ten Defensive prospects

• Thread starter Vic Rattlehead*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

Chaos said:
I must admit, not even Stars fans have Fransson as as high as you do(putting him as #10 prospect leaguewide in the other thread)...for his sake and ours, I hope your right :)
I think I had Fransson in the top 15 in 2004, same with Meszaros.

Personally, I think he's miles ahead of guys like Seabrook. Not a fan of his or Whitney's, or even Coburn's.

db23

Phaneuf
Thelen
Babchuk
Barker
Tyutin
Suter
Woywitka
Lynch
Coburn
Nickerson

Watch out for big Matt Nickerson. :handclap:

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Leafaholix said:
You cannot be serious.
Nickerson obviously started playing hockey when he was 14, so just give him time and he'll surpass everyone in the NHL, except for Komisarek, of course! :lol

Maybe if more people saw this list, they wouldn't even give him the time of day to respond to his latest "Komisarek=Pronger" rants.

db23

flyers guy said:
Maybe if more people saw this list, they wouldn't even give him the time of day to respond to his latest "Komisarek=Pronger" rants.

I never once compared Komisarek to Pronger you LYING SNOT.

Nickerson is the same age as Phaneuf, Suter, Coburn and HE WAS SIGNED TO A PRO CONTRACT BEFORE ANY OF THEM.

So shut that gaping hole in the front of your head before I fill it with a bodily appendage.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
1. Phaneuf
2. Coburn
3. Babchuck
4. Stuart
5. Suter
6. Whitney
7. Eminger
8. Grebeshkov
9. Kronwall
10. Seabrooke

Honorable Mention:
Tyutin
Colaiacovo
Thelen
Morrisonn
Barker
Woywitka
Smid
Green
Meszaros

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Leafaholix said:
I think I had Fransson in the top 15 in 2004, same with Meszaros.

Personally, I think he's miles ahead of guys like Seabrook. Not a fan of his or Whitney's, or even Coburn's.

Hey...believe me, I certainly hope your right. Having never really seen him play, Im not really in position to say he's "miles ahead of" anyone...But I would love nothing more than to see him prove you right :) .

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
db23 said:
Phaneuf
Thelen
Babchuk
Barker
Tyutin
Suter
Woywitka
Lynch
Coburn
Nickerson

Watch out for big Matt Nickerson. :handclap:

Now come on....I really like Nickerson, but he's not gonna be anything more than a borderline #4 guy(if everything goes perfectly, and thats not likely to happen)....chances are, he's gonna be a #5/6 guy, whose solid defensively and will drop the gloves.

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
you had better be careful

db23 said:

Nickerson is the same age as Phaneuf, Suter, Coburn and HE WAS SIGNED TO A PRO CONTRACT BEFORE ANY OF THEM.

So shut that gaping hole in the front of your head before I fill it with a bodily appendage.

us Flyer fans stick together, so back up pal. :)

Zetterberg4Captain*

1. Phaneuf
2. Barker
3. Suter
4. Tyutin
5. Babchuk
6. Stuart
7. Whitney
8. Coburn
9. Seabrook
10. Kronwall

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Leafaholix said:
10. Mark Stuart
9. Cam Barker
8. Andrej Meszaros
7. Niklas Kronwall
6. Carlo Colaiacovo
5. Denis Grebeshkov
4. Johan Fransson
3. Fedor Tjutin
2. Ryan Suter
1. Dion Phaneuf

1.Dion Phaneuf
2.Ryan Suter
3.Greshbekov
4.Barker
5.Coburn
6.Tjutin
7.Babchuk
8.Colaiacovo
9.Eminger
10.Whitney

HM:Ballard, Ehrhoff, Mezaros, Seabrooke, Smid, Stuart, Krajicek, Kronwall

Thats yer list. To exempt Eminger from even HM is a ridiculous sham.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Meszaros

Sorry about this but this guy is not near a top 10 guy. He may have potential in 2-3 years but he is just not better than Barker, Morrisonn, Eminger, Babchuck, Kronwall, Tyutin and Grebeshkov for a few. If he was a Cap and didnt play for Ottawa you would not hear the name. The one who dared to put Frannson on this list needs serious therapy. Lepisto outperformed those guys at WJC. Should we put his name here? NO Maybe if he PROVES more. You guys need waaaaay more objectivity.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
db23 said:
If you didn't directly compare him to Pronger, then you sure as hell did your best to describe Pronger when talking about Komisarek's future, here's some various quotes from you:
db23 said:
Komisarek has some advantages that the others will never have. He has natural size and strength, he doesn't have to pump up or juice up. He is a right handed shot. He is tremendously durable. I don't think he has missed a game due to injury in the past 5 years at least. His skating is as good as anyone's this side of Boumeester, his shot and his passing are excellant as well. He can drop the gloves with anyone. He is very smart and a character kid. The only thing he lacks is experience and confidence. Once he gets those two things the sky is the limit. He will improve faster and longer than any of his contemporaries.
Yeah, forget Pronger, it sounds like you're comparing him to a cancer-curing, Terminator on skates.
db23 said:
I guess it depends if you're talking about now, or in the future and over the course of their careers. Granted, most of these kids are ahead of Komisarek at this point, partly because they have been playing the game longer, and partly because they have less competition to overcome at the NHL level. But I think that he will catch and pass them all at some point. If I had to choose a single defenceman 22 or under to start a franchise with it would be Mike.
Over Bouwmeester, Pitkanen, Phaneuf, etc...
db23 said:
If 30 GMs around the league had a choice between Komisarek and some of the other names mentioned, I bet about 28 of them would choose Mike. There isn't anyone else out there with the all round package he brings. Including his personality and durability.
This from the Komisarek vs. every other defensive prospect thread...
db23 said:
But Hainsey and Komisarek are still at least as good as Leopold and Martin. Both Hainsey and Komisarek only played two years of NCAA hockey but in their sophomore seasons (as 19 year olds) both were First Team Conference All Stars and All American selections. Leopold managed neither as a 19 year old soph. Martin managed neither as a 20 year old soph. Komo and Hainsey scored more points as sophs even though Leopold and Martin played for the highest scoring NCAA team in the most wide open conference. Mike and Ron are bigger and more physical as well.
Yeah, who can argue with NHL results when you can compare NCAA careers!? :shakehead
db23 said:
Ruutu will deliver more early, but his upside is not as great as Komisarek. The other thing is that Komisarek is truly unique in the combination of size, durability, and skill that he brings. You are more likely to find "another" Ruutu out there than another Komisarek.
:lol
db23 said:
What the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China!?
db23 said:
I'm scared. :cry:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
1. Phaneuf
2. Suter
3. Greshbekov
4. Barker
5. Whitney
6. Babchuk
7. Coburn
8. Tjutin
9. Colaiacovo
10. Kronwall

HONORABLE MENTION
Eminger
Thelen
Stuart
Klein
Weber
Erhoff
Seabrooke
Smid
Burns
Ballard
Meszaros

leafaholix*

There's absolutely no chance Burns gets a HM as a defenseman.

He converted to the position just last year.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
DoobieDoobieDo said:
1. Phaneuf
2. Suter
3. Greshbekov
4. Barker
5. Whitney
6. Babchuk
7. Coburn
8. Tjutin
9. Colaiacovo
10. Kronwall

HONORABLE MENTION
Eminger
Thelen
Stuart
Klein
Weber
Erhoff
Seabrooke
Smid
Burns
Ballard
Meszaros

That a pretty good top10 Doobie. You can't have Ballard and Meszaros and not have Morrisonn. Meszaros is certain to encounter difficulty adjusting to the NA game.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
*shrugs* After the top 10, the top 25 get really hard because you have a ton of solid defensemen after them...

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
1. Phaneuf
2. Barker
3. Suter
4. Babchuk
5. Coburn
6. Tjutin
7. Stuart
8. Thelen
9. Whitney
10. Greshbekov

I tend to like bigger meaner deafenseman who have offensive ability as opposed to those skill guys. I just think a big mean defenseman who can be effective offensively is much more valuable than a poke check offensive defenseman generally speaking. Thus why i dont have some of the more well known offensive defensman (Kronwal, Krajicek, Ballard examples) prospects in my top 10. Of course its very hard to tell who will have the biggest impact in the league a few years from now.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Mr.Hunter74 said:
I tend to like bigger meaner deafenseman who have offensive ability as opposed to those skill guys. I just think a big mean defenseman who can be effective offensively is much more valuable than a poke check offensive defenseman generally speaking. Thus why i dont have some of the more well known offensive defensman (Kronwal, Krajicek, Ballard examples) prospects in my top 10. Of course its very hard to tell who will have the biggest impact in the league a few years from now.

That's usually a good idea, but never forget to stop and take a look at the smaller, skilled guys. Best example I can think of is Lubomir Visnovsky. The guy's small, but he plays a solid positional game and has a great shot. He's by no means one of the top defensemen, but I'd actually trade Norstrom before I traded Visnovsky.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
db23 said:

Wow! Just wow! By your reasoning, there are stars in the game today who shouldn't be as good as they are just because they didn'tn sign a contract before anyone else. Who gives a rat's you know what about when a player signs a contract. Nickerson is borderline #4 material, let alone top 10 in the entire league. Get your head checked. And soon.

And to Leafaholix, Burns is originally a dman. He was converted to a forward when he was in junior because Stan Butler thought he had potential as a power forward. So he knows how to play the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad