Top ten Defensive prospects

• Thread starter Vic Rattlehead*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

Although I don't think he'll be god, it's hard to ignore Phaneuf right now. I still think alot of his recent success is him maturing faster then his peers and it well be interesting to see this years from now.

1. Phaneuf.....easy
2. Barker.... inconsistant at times, but I would say his ceiling is higher then Suters and i've seen things out of Barker that not even Phaneuf has done, when he's on he's an elite player.
3. Suter Adam Foote with more offense....not as far along in devolopment as the top 2, but I will stick to my guns and say 10 years from now, he could be looked at as the best defenseman in this group.
4. Tyutin.....Impressed me in the AHL, Junior championships, and now the NHL.
5. Stuart....he's going to be a b*tch to play against, points won't be there but he'll be a mean brute defensively..love him
6. Babchuk...I like him more then Coburn because of his shot and the way he plays physically.
7. Thelen...... What can I say I've been sold on him since I saw him in his first game as a freshman this year. One of my favorite prospects in the 2004 draft.
8. Smid..... Can't refuse his natural talent, the guy is huge, can skate, and shows alot of upside in both zones.
9. Coburn.....I'm not sold on him, Disapointed me at the WJC's....Really gets by with his size and smarts....I love players like him in the NHL..he'll be a key factor for years in Atlanta, much like Rathje in San Jose now.
10. Grebeshkov...simply put, ready to go, and very good in both zones.

Honorable mentions: Christian Ehrhoff, Meszaros, Seabrook, Woywitka
Colaiacovo, Whitney, Kronwall.

Vic Rattlehead*

Handsome B. Wonderful said:
I'm going to personally sodomize each and every person who doesn't have Whitney in their top 5.
Even if people put him 6th? ;)

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
monster_bertuzzi said:
1-Suter
2-Phaneuf
3-Barker
4-Coburn
5-Tyutin
6-Smid
7-Stuart
8-Meszaros
9-Seabrook
10-Babchuck
You're going to be sodomized by both Handsome B. Wonderful and Calgary fans with that list.

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
1 - Phanuef
2 - Suter
3 - Barker
4 - Tyutin
5 - Krajicek
6 - Whitney
7 - Smid
8 - Coburn
9 - Thelen
10 - Babchuk

Next bunch in no particular order: Coliacovo, Meszaros, Stuart, Woywitka, Seabrook, Lyamin, Fransson, Klein, Weber, Ehrhoff

Last edited:

Vic Rattlehead*

Pens4ever said:
1-Suter
2-Phaneuf
3-Barker
4-Tyutin
5-Whitney
6-Stuart
7-Babchuk
8-Grebeshkov
9-Smid
10-Krajicek
Krajicek should not be in the top 10.

leafaholix*

10. Mark Stuart
9. Cam Barker
8. Andrej Meszaros
7. Niklas Kronwall
6. Carlo Colaiacovo
5. Denis Grebeshkov
4. Johan Fransson
3. Fedor Tjutin
2. Ryan Suter
1. Dion Phaneuf

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Leafaholix said:
4. Johan Fransson

I must admit, not even Stars fans have Fransson as as high as you do(putting him as #10 prospect leaguewide in the other thread)...for his sake and ours, I hope your right :)

Juicer

Mar 14, 2004
1-Phaneuf
2-Suter
3-Barker
4-Tjutin
5-Stuart
6-Coburn
7-Smid
8-Meszaros
9-Grebeshkov
10-Babchuck

Vic Rattlehead*

fedorov_jr said:
why not?? whats wrong with his game? i think he's a solid dman who's got a ton of potential on offense
I just think that players like Colaiacovo, Seabrooke, Meszaros, and Coburn should be higher than Krajicek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->