Top Ten Canucks Defensemen: #1

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
This should not even be a debate. Ohlund and by a very large margin. Lumme was not as good in his own end and his point prorated are not that impressive. Good player but not bloody close to Ohlund.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Reinhart was by far the most talented dman the nuck have ever had. Too bad his career never panned out due to injuries.

Jeff Brown was great on O.

Lumme was also great but a bit of a mess in the dzone his early days. But im gonna go with Lumme for the "best dman who played more than 2 years category".

Disappointed theres no love for Willie Huber.

Last edited:

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
....ummm how is Hamhuis not on here? The best defenseman on the best team in franchise history...enough said. lol you have Mitchell on here and not Hamhuis .....eeeeek.

nazzy_012

Nov 22, 2006
Needs more Slegr, turtlenecks are important in this poll :)

In 10 years I would like to think (and hope) Edler wins this poll hands down

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
In that they were both here for two years, and Ehrhoff numbers (44 points...50 points) were as good as Reinhart's relatively speaking.

That, and Ehrhoff was on a team that made the Cup finals, while I'm not positive we made the playoffs either season we had Reinhart.

hackey

Oh Did I Offend You
Aug 18, 2003
That's Too Bad
Visit site
In that they were both here for two years, and Ehrhoff numbers (44 points...50 points) were as good as Reinhart's relatively speaking.

Reinhart was by far the most talented Nuck D... offensively anyways

In his two years he had back to back 57pts/57pts on a peashooter Nucks team
He lead the Canucks in scoring with 57 points in his second year 89-90, playing just 67 games
then he retired the following year with a chronically wonky back

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Who are Rick Lanz and Kevin McCarthy?

He was a guy who's career was effectively cut short by injuries. Had a decent start but look at some of the guys drafted just after him (eg., Bullard, Fox, Brent Sutter and ugh.....Barry Pederson). At the very least, he was a good translator for the two Czechs (Hlinka & Bubla - Slegr's dad). And no I'm not talking about THESE Czech brothers lol:

Festrunk_l.jpeg

(The "famous" Steve Martin/Dan Aykroyd SNL skit - "The Festrunk Brothers")

Kevin McCarthy was also a decent defensemen who's career I *think* was cut short by injuries (was actually knocked out just before that 1982 Cup run by an accidental mid-ice collusion with I *think* Gerry Minor). Course, this was a long time ago so my memory might be off...

Last edited:

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Reinhart was by far the most talented Nuck D... offensively anyways

In his two years he had back to back 57pts/57pts on a peashooter Nucks team
He lead the Canucks in scoring with 57 points in his second year 89-90, playing just 67 games
then he retired the following year with a chronically wonky back
I say most talented full stop. He was a very smart player. Not to mention i believe both seasons he played 67 games only.

Ehrhoff doesnt even begin to touch his jock strap. Nor edler.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I say most talented full stop. He was a very smart player. Not to mention i believe both seasons he played 67 games only.

Ehrhoff doesnt even begin to touch his jock strap. Nor edler.

Reinhart was a beauty, but Ehrhoff's season in 2010-2011 reletively speaking was better than either of Reinhart's. His 50 points is a lot more impressive in this era than the fire-wagon 80's.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Reinhart was a beauty, but Ehrhoff's season in 2010-2011 reletively speaking was better than either of Reinhart's. His 50 points is a lot more impressive in this era than the fire-wagon 80's.

Lol no.

Reinhart did his 67 points with zero support. Erhoff had 2 100 point players. Not to mention a strong supportimg cast.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
If Ohlund is seriously the best defenseman we've put on the ice over the last 42 years, I think we found the reason why we don't have a cup yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad