Laraque
Gillies
Jonathan
McSorley
Grimson
Brashear
Brown
Twist
Really hard to put them in order but 1 thing is Probert in his prime was the best ever.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Those guys were both easily and substantially better fighters than Domi. Both Clark and Stan could really hurt people and guys were legit intimidated to drop the gloves with them. Nobody was afraid to fight Tie Domi.
Did Domi beat up your dad back in the day?

These false statements need to stop. He hurt plenty of guys and plenty more were afraid to fight him. Other fighters weren't afraid to fight but guys like that aren't afraid to fight anyone for the most part. Domi definitely wasn't the most destructive fighter of his era but he could still pack a mean punch.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Did Domi beat up your dad back in the day?

These false statements need to stop. He hurt plenty of guys and plenty more were afraid to fight him. Other fighters weren't afraid to fight but guys like that aren't afraid to fight anyone for the most part. Domi definitely wasn't the most destructive fighter of his era but he could still pack a mean punch.

You're just plain wrong.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
How on earth could Tie Domi be on a list of all time best fighters? His best attribute as a fighter was his ability to eat punches with minimal effect. There were never other enforcers that were afraid to drop the gloves with Tie Domi. Even at the peak of his powers, Tie Domi struck fear in nobody because losing a fight to Tie Domi usually meant he wrestled you to the ice. This is a crazy selection, he should be nowhere near a list of top ten fighters of all time.

Guys like Chris Nilan, Jay Miller, Dave Schultz, Dave Brown, Dave Semenko, Tiger Williams, John Ferguson, Donald Brashear, Troy Crowder and John Kordic just off the top of my head with ten seconds of thinking about it all rank way way way ahead of Tie Domi.
Yeah, look at how many people he just wrestled to the ice
whoelse fought 2 guys at once?

Reactions: DaaaaB's

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
All leafs team:

Tiger Williams
Todd Gill
Wendel Clark
Steve Thomas
Tie Domi
Colton Orr
Mark Fraser (but short lived career)
Craig Berube
Dave Semenko
Ian Turnbull

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
All leafs team:

Tiger Williams
Todd Gill
Wendel Clark
Steve Thomas
Tie Domi
Colton Orr
Mark Fraser (but short lived career)
Craig Berube
Dave Semenko
Ian Turnbull
How can you put guys like Fraser, Thomas and Turnbull on the list ahead of Bob McGill, Kris King and Belak. Even Frazier McLaren should be on it ahead of those 3.

Reactions: Finster8

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
How can you put guys like Fraser, Thomas and Turnbull on the list ahead of Bob McGill, Kris King and Belak. Even Frazier McLaren should be on it ahead of those 3.

I don't remember McGill or I wasn't watching TOR at that time.

Yeah King and McLaren were tough, but all the players I listed I happen to like. Maybe Domi the least.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Tiger Williams was tough but lost as many as he won. No doubt a tough cookie but Marsh, Hutchinson, Belak, Orr, Baumgartner, Domi, Clark, Berube, Korn, Tiger and Bill Berg comic relief. In no particular order
Edit- McGill for sure

Last edited:
Reactions: Peachkings1922

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Wasnt chris simon that frequently started fights by asking "you wanna go up the river?"

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
The more I think about it, the more i think Gaetz belongs in a top 10 list.

Just takes watching the Gaetz/Probert fight to reach that conclusion. Probert took that one seriously and said the hardest he ever got hit was by Gaetz. His bout with Tony Twist in Juniors was just Twist getting a beating. Without the accident he would make most lists. He could have had a Probert or McCarthy career without the accident as well. He actually had hockey skills as well. Both playing defense and wing.

Last edited:

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Yeah, look at how many people he just wrestled to the ice
whoelse fought 2 guys at once?

eh,
the opponents in that video compilation kind of prove his point.
cummins? banrnaby (3 x's) and a bunch of other non heavyweights.

ray was the only legit guy in there and he's beat domi as much as tie has beaten him. there's like 10/11 rounds just on youtube to review if you like.

again, not saying he was a bad fighter but the top 10 is the cream of the crop and domi is no where close to it

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
eh,
the opponents in that video compilation kind of prove his point.
cummins? banrnaby (3 x's) and a bunch of other non heavyweights.

ray was the only legit guy in there and he's beat domi as much as tie has beaten him. there's like 10/11 rounds just on youtube to review if you like.

again, not saying he was a bad fighter but the top 10 is the cream of the crop and domi is no where close to it

Domi didn't just wrestle these players to the ground. Which was an is my point with the video. He fought tons of legit heavyweights Tie Domi - Rivals

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
In your opinion, who are the top ten best fighters of all-time? Here is my personal list:

1. Bob Probert

2. Dave Brown

3. Behn Wilson

4. Larry Playfair

5. Joey Kocur

6. Tony Twist

7. Bob Nystrom

8. Marty McSorley

9. Bob "Battleship" Kelly

10. Donald Brashear
This is a good list, my only problem with Probert was he really exploited an advantage prior to the tie down rule. His jersey would come off leaving players nothing to hold onto. When he moved to Chicago and the tie down rule was enforced he was far less effective. Still he belongs on the list.

I would add off the top. Chris Simon, Sandy Mccarthy, and Todd Ewen. These were some legit tough guys in their day.

surfinghb

Sep 24, 2019
Probie

then in no particular order:
Jonathon
O'Reilly
Shultz
Wilson
McSorley
Kocur
Wendel Clark
Deryk Engelland