Top Striker

Who is better?

• Total voters

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Lewa has nothing to prove to anyone. He’s been a top 5 striker in the world for the last 6 or so years now.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
It's worth noting that, even as people have been telling tales of Harry Kane's huge decline, he has 25 goals in 25 matches for club and country this season.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Harry Kane is good, but Harry Kane is not as good as the other two options in this thread.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Great striker but Lewa and Suarez 2 of the top 3 strikers of this era.

Aguero being the 3rd I would say. Ibra is up there too... maybe he cracks the top 3. Idk.

Benzema is better than all of them, especially Aguero and Ibra. 2 guys who flop every season in the UCL when their clubs needed them to produce.

Reactions: Cassano

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Benzema is better than all of them, especially Aguero and Ibra. 2 guys who flop every season in the UCL when their clubs needed them to produce.

Benzema is up there for sure but isn't better than either. At Real Madrid he has been a complimentary player the whole time(a great one tbf) other than this season where he has been very very good. Aguero and Ibra were the main goal threats on every team and have club records that are infinitely better than Benzema.

I mean Aguero in the PL is good for 27 goals a year and once Ibra left Ajax he was good for 30 goals a year in the league. Benzema has been good for 18 a year. He's a good player and sort of played that Firmino role where he did the dirty work for CR7 and Bale but he just isn't a top 5 striker of his era.

He's behind off the top of my head Ibra, Aguero, Lewa, Cavani, RVP, and Suarez.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Cavani and RVP are a no.... I think you got the others right tho

Cavani is better off the ball than Benzema and has scored at a higher rate over the course of their careers. 23 goals a season to 18* :dunno:

RVP is more controversial, that I can agree with. RvP averaged 19 goals a season in the PL but Benz is better off the ball. IMO RvP's peak edges him but I can see it go either way.

*league only again

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Benzema is up there for sure but isn't better than either. At Real Madrid he has been a complimentary player the whole time(a great one tbf) other than this season where he has been very very good. Aguero and Ibra were the main goal threats on every team and have club records that are infinitely better than Benzema.

I mean Aguero in the PL is good for 27 goals a year and once Ibra left Ajax he was good for 30 goals a year in the league. Benzema has been good for 18 a year. He's a good player and sort of played that Firmino role where he did the dirty work for CR7 and Bale but he just isn't a top 5 striker of his era.

He's behind off the top of my head Ibra, Aguero, Lewa, Cavani, RVP, and Suarez.

Pretty sure Benz scored 30 last season as well so not sure why you say it's only this season. Also, Aguero's best season he scored 33 goals, not much better than Benzema's 32. Aguero has hit 30+ 5x vs 3x for Benzema. Now when you take your own "analysis" that Aguero was the main goal threat and consider that Benz was busy doing all the dirty work for CR7, Aguero's numbers don't prove anything. He's the main man taking all the penalties and getting all the service scoring 30 in his best seasons while Benz as a "complimentary" player did that and is now doing it again as the main man. Also I never see Aguero in the UCL, does he play? Because Benzema shows up every year. Oh and if Aguero (or anyone not named Messi) was on the same team as Ronaldo then they wouldn't be the main goal threat either so I don't know what's the point of mentioning that.

Ibra is the biggest choker in history, always disappears when the games count. Don't really care that he racked up the goals in a crap ligue 1 (he never scored 30 before he arrived in PSG so I don't know where you got "once Ibra left Ajax he was good for 30 goals in the league"). Cavani and RVP? Lol come on now.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I would take Lewandowski's career over Suarez'. Close call for me. But peak Suarez was better. To me Lewandowski is underrated as an overall player. For Poland he is much more than just a goal scorer, but for BM others will have the kind of build up play responsibility he will take on playing for Poland.

Obviously it would depend on the team, style etc. as well.

As for Kane he is quite possibly the first modern day Spurs player to be generally overrated among fans of other teams. He is great, but nothing over the last 2 years that puts him close to players like Lewandowski and Suarez. I still think he can bounce back if he stays fit, but that is just speculation at this point. Already looking a bit more like himself under Mourinho. One small step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->