Proposal: Top Six Winger to Arizona (for a 2nd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So with that logic you're saying you can be labeled as a top 6 RW with 23 points? How many of those centers actually play wing instead (eg Stamkos, Giroux, etc.) Those numbers don't even hold up on one of the worst scoring teams in history, Detroit last year.
No. My words: "I'm looking for a guy who has 15-20g per 82/gp potential. 35-40pts /82gp kind of guy. Maybe he's 28-32 years old. Maybe a pending UFA. I'm not asking for an All-Star." Do I consider a 15-20g, 35-40pt winger a 2nd liner? Yeah. Not on a good team. But on the Coyotes? Sure. Easily.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
No. My words: "I'm looking for a guy who has 15-20g per 82/gp potential. 35-40pts /82gp kind of guy. Maybe he's 28-32 years old. Maybe a pending UFA. I'm not asking for an All-Star." Do I consider a 15-20g, 35-40pt winger a 2nd liner? Yeah. Not on a good team. But on the Coyotes? Sure. Easily.
Your title says another thing. The initial post was also edited and I clicked on within the first few minutes before that clarification was added or more context given. Good luck on the hunt though.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sharks don't have precisely what you're asking for but Evander Kane doesn't have the value that his numbers would traditionally suggest. Would you have interest in him and his contract and/or potentially pay a little more for him or no?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I think the return being a 2nd should make it obvious enough.

A good chunk of this thread has involved debating the thread title. It's not clear.

I disagree with the implication of your point, though. A 2nd from an average-ish team like Arizona is not an unrealistic base for a rental 2nd line type skill winger (see Nyquist, Dzingel and Zuccarello at the 2019 trade deadline). Add even just a year of term and that valuation looks silly.

rt

May 13, 2004
A good chunk of this thread has involved debating the thread title. It's not clear.

I disagree with the implication of your point, though. A 2nd from an average-ish team like Arizona is not an unrealistic base for a rental 2nd line type skill winger (see Nyquist, Dzingel and Zuccarello at the 2019 trade deadline). Add even just a year of term and that valuation looks silly.
I’m literally talking about wanting an okay-ish 2nd line winger. Just like what you mentioned. I don’t care if dummies want to come in here and pretend I’m offering peanuts for the sun the stars and the moon. I’m talking Tanner Pearson for a 2nd. Lol.

If people read, they’ll understand. If not, they’ll post dumb shit. I don’t mind either way. I’d rather talk to the ones who read it. Like you. :)

rt

May 13, 2004
Sharks don't have precisely what you're asking for but Evander Kane doesn't have the value that his numbers would traditionally suggest. Would you have interest in him and his contract and/or potentially pay a little more for him or no?
Yeah this is tough. I just dislike him so much. Hahaha. But it would make sense. I just don’t like him. Damn.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah this is tough. I just dislike him so much. Hahaha. But it would make sense. I just don’t like him. Damn.

Yeah, it's hard to have any sort of valuation conversation about Kane. He is very polarizing even in the hockey world and I'm sure he is a non-starter to a lot of teams. That and he has a three team trade list so it's likely he may not even have Arizona on his list. But I know that at 7 mil, he's fine in terms of cap/point production but because of his issues, he's never going to get what anybody else with his productivity and cap hit would get even with his trade limitations. It was just an interesting thought that I was wondering if anyone from another fan base would entertain given all that Kane is.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
I guess he technically meets the criteria. in his last 81 regular season games, he's got 15g 21a for 36pts. I feel like he's currently disappointing his 3rd team in a row, however. Seems like an overpayment.
Maybe a bit of an overpayment. I think most nashville fans would take a third for him. If it’s colorados 2nd we’re looking at the 50-60 pick range. Arizona’s third probably ends up around 75 ish? We could do that

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I'd love to bring back Hall. I'd add our 2022 2nd to the deal. We'd also have to include Raanta to make the cap work.

To BUF:
ARI 2021 2nd
ARI 2022 2nd
Jason Demers
Antti Raanta

To ARI:
Taylor Hall
Why do you want to give up so much for hall for the second time. He already walked as a ufa one time and is a pending ufa again

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
What about Robby Fabbri? Not just a rental and Armstrong would know him from St. Louis. He's been decent in Detroit but part of me feels like Yzerman isn't really planning on him being around long term

ljb4

Feb 10, 2016
westminster Co
The Avalanche would be interested in recouping a second round pick. Would Compher or Donskoi be of interest to you for Demurs and the Columbus 2nd?

Compher: 18/19 - 16G + 16A in 66 Games and 19/20 - 11G + 20A in 67 Games, 2 more years @ $3.5M

Donskoi: 18/19 - 14G + 23A in 80 Games and 19/20 - 16G + 17A in 65 Games, 2 more years @ $3.9M

Reactions: McJedi

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Let's just agree to take back the Stepan trade and we'll give you Dzingel as a bonus. He checks off a lot of boxes in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->