Prospect Info: Top Shelf Prospects: Anaheim Ducks

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
http://lastwordonsports.com/top-shelf-prospects-anaheim-ducks-2/

Top Shelf Prospects: Anaheim Ducks

The Ducks have built an impressive system in recent years. They have a number of good young players up front. In addition to Etem, and Palmieri who made contributions in the NHL this year, there is Jakob Silfverberg and Stefan Noesen who were acquired in the Bobby Ryan deal. Rickard Rakell, William Karlsson, Nicolas Kerdiles, Peter Holland, and Max Friberg, highlight a system with impressive forward depth. On defence, Luca Sbisa and Cam Fowler are still young, and Lindholm and Vatanen are knocking at the door for the Ducks. The additions of Shea Theodore and Keaton Thompson further stock the blueline cupboards. In net, there isn’t much more to say about Gibson than I already have. The team has depth in all positions, and the Ducks future is bright. Consider them to be as part of the group of top systems in the NHL right now.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Sorry for double post. I found a free time and read it. Overall it`s pretty nice read.

I would argue that Andersen wasn`t mentioned when talking about Gibson`s ice time in AHL and that Lindholm had 2 injuries not only 1.

But overall it is a nice article. I think fair prospect/graduate take too. I wasn`t familiar with the website before but now i have it bookmarked and will check it out some time again

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It was a good read to what was there. I dunno. Maybe I was expecting more when it said Top Shelf prospects and all we got were three prospects. And a majority of the article were embedded stats by eliteprospects.com. I also disagree with Vatanen being the super sleeper prospect. I would say that would be Kerdiles. Vatanen already has the hype as well as seen the NHL ice ahead of Lindholm. Kerdiles' impact on the Badgers is huge, but that 10 game suspension negated a lot of accolades to be had. Hell, even THN Top 10 Prospects' Future List did not list him in it at all when he was on it a year ago as the 4th rated prospect.

Okay, I've berated the article enough. ha ha ha I do like the write up on both Gibson and Lindholm. For those not as informed about Gibson, then this article's got the depth to build the hype of a franchise goalie. And for Lindholm, it gives reasons as to why Lindholm didn't see any NHL ice last season as it lists his rookie flaws. But, truthfully, I'd say his concussions really screwed up his rookie year, but still made management happy when the parent club had him train in Anaheim and was kept in close watch by their medical staff for quite some time after his 2nd concussion. But his concussion left him off Tre Konor's WJC roster. Playing half a season is what hurt Lindholm's development as he's lacking experience at the NHL ice level and game play.

Anyhow, for what was there, it was good content, but a bit short, in my opinion. You had one paragraph on forwards that had great potential, but didn't expound upon it. Eh. You list Keaton as helping stock the defensive cupboard without mention of hard hittin' O'Brien or all-rookie NCAA team player Welinski. Or how the organization stole the best college/junior FA's last year.

ha ha ha the more I think about the article, the more I want more from it. LoL From an avid Ducks and HF member, the article doesn't present anything we don't already know. From a casual fan's POV, it's good to see the write up on three prospects all in one section instead of reading hundreds of posts to create the picture.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The categories were explained there somewhere. For a sleeper qualifies players from 4th round or lower.

I think he just goes for same standarts for all teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad