Top Shelf Prospects: 2018 Detroit Red Wings

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Seems like this source is a little more reserved in the "readiness" discussion than we have been hearing from the organization and beat writers recently. I feel like he is roughly a year behind the overall vibe we have been getting...saying Ras needs a year of Juniors, that Hronek needs another year, Cholowski needs a couple of years doesn't really line up with my expectations.

The assessment of skill is reasonable without a doubt, and will always be subjective to the scout, but the skating sections seem a bit of a question mark for me. Saying Cholo has slightly above average speed, followed up by saying Svech has very good speed for his size makes absolutely no sense to me. Other than that, I think it's fairly representative of our prospects.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Interesting:

Your ranking vs. Our board voting:

1. Zadina - Zadina
2. Rasmussen - Rasmussen
3. Hronek - Hronek
-----------------------
4. Veleno - Cholowski
5. Cholowski - Veleno
-----------------------
6. McIsaac - Berggren
7. Svechnikov - Svechnikov
8. Berggren - McIsaac
-------------------------
9. Lindström - Lindström
10. Saarijärvi - Saarijärvi

Almost on the same paper. :)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Reactions: LastWordArmy

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
saying Ras needs a year of Juniors, that Hronek needs another year, Cholowski needs a couple of years doesn't really line up with my expectations.
I agree about Raz but as much as I'd like to see Hro & Cho up, I feel strength may be an issue going up against the boards & moving folks . Hope Hro comes to camp a bit stronger. He and Saarijarvi are still listed at 178 lbs

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
One thing I noticed...

Cholowski and Lindström have almost equal strengths and weaknesses in their offensive game analysis.

A perfect future pair. :)

And also was getting a feeling, that McIsaac and Hronek could also have some opposite strengths/weaknesses.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad