Top Shelf Prospects: 2018 Dallas Stars

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Stars are ranked 26th overall here in terms of strength of farm system, and that's including Heiskanen.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
We have 1 prospect who is good but he doesn't do counting stats that people go nuts for. Oettenger was passed by Point, neither of these are big hype guys. We have Gurianov and Honka. We have Tufte, who might be fine but nobody can tell yet. We reached on Dellandrea. Hintz might be decent but he doesn't move the needle. We have a bunch of Swedes that I don't know the difference between.
About 4 guys are at or above expectations based on draft position, the rest are pretty far below. 26th is our ceiling position in those rankings, when Heiskanen is no longer a prospect we will be lower.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Thanks for the write up for the most part it looks pretty on point. I think I would have had Albin Eriksson in there some where. Wasn’t a huge fan of the pick, but I like his upside more than Back’s.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m not overly high on our prospect pool. Once Heiskanen graduates it’s going to be one of the lowest in the league. After Heiskanen we have Point and Oettinger, both likely top ten goalie prospects at this point.

Dellandra, Tufte, and Hintz everyone thinks will be solid NHLer’s but nothing to write home about.

Boom or bust guys like Robertson, Mascherin, and Gurianov.

Then a bunch of guys that still have lots to prove.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
At least our goalie pipeline is the best in the league. Both Point and Jake easily make the top 10 goalie prospect list around the league.

Can’t remember the last time we had that kind of strength between the pipes in our system. Oddly enough, my favourite move Nill made this off-season was getting Point to come over to Texas this upcoming season. Stoked for that.

john skull

Jul 1, 2004
New York City
I know a lot of people were very excited we took Robertson in the 2nd round last year. Have people sour'ed on him now? Is he not just about to play his 19yo year?

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
I know a lot of people were very excited we took Robertson in the 2nd round last year. Have people sour'ed on him now? Is he not just about to play his 19yo year?
His skating is a real concern, and hasn't gotten noticeably better since the Stars drafted him. Slow skating offensive players are typically of the boom or bust variety, he's no different. With the speed of today's game, it is becoming more and more of a rarity. Which is a shame, as his offensive IQ and skills are very impressive. Only time will tell.

Reactions: Kcb12345

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
At least our goalie pipeline is the best in the league. Both Point and Jake easily make the top 10 goalie prospect list around the league.

Can’t remember the last time we had that kind of strength between the pipes in our system. Oddly enough, my favourite move Nill made this off-season was getting Point to come over to Texas this upcoming season. Stoked for that.

There was a brief time when Campbell and Bachman were both considered top 15-ish goalie prospects, but that didn't last for very long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad