Top Shelf Prospects 2018 Anaheim Ducks

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Nice write up. Whoever wrote it did their research

Ben gets a lot of accolades for his prospects work. The prospects section is consistently the most praised part of our site.

I know his quotes were even used by Sportsnet during their draft coverage this year, as they flashed them (and other sites) on the site when players were drafted.

He's also been footnoted as a source by Rob Vollman's 2017 Hockey Abstract.

We are pretty proud of that area of our site.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I'm curious about the take on Steel though, his skating hasn't been talked about as one of his strongest attributes, but this article makes him sound like an elite skater. I think it may be oversold here.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I'm curious about the take on Steel though, his skating hasn't been talked about as one of his strongest attributes, but this article makes him sound like an elite skater. I think it may be oversold here.

Yeah in terms of speed and acceleration he seems to be more in the above average category as opposed to elite. Although his edgework is very good from what I’ve seen.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
The article makes our pipeline look pretty elite. I'd like to hear a bit more of an objective analysis based on NHL standards.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Yeah in terms of speed and acceleration he seems to be more in the above average category as opposed to elite. Although his edgework is very good from what I’ve seen.

Whenever I read prospect articles, even very good ones, I just mentally downgrade the adjectives a notch and take it from there. "Elite" in a prospect article usually just means "better than average" in the NHL.

Oct 18, 2011
My only criticism is I feel like people really didn't watch Pettersson closely during his stint in the NHL. Like he had some flashes of wow that you didn't expect. I know what the stats are but remember he is a project I think he has a chance to be really good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->