Prospect Info: Top Sabres Prospects

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I hope one of the non top prospects comes out of no where and is able to make a major impact. It's been literally ages since we had a mid round pick /non top prospect come in and be a major contributor. I'd love if Olofsson became a 30 goal winger or if Pilut turned out to be a top 4 dman. It sucks only pencilling in the last half decade prospects drafted in the top 10 as being realistic impact players. We spent 2-3 years pencilling in 2nd and 3rd round picks like Bailey and Baptiste and these guys are ending up as minor league fodder
I feel like Rodriguez has a better chance than any of them currently.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I like the Pilut signing, but there’s a good chance that he could turn out to be this year’s version of Victor Antipin.

Ullmark has a better than even chance of being the Sabres starting goalie within the next few years. Ullmark’s floor, at this point, is probably NHL back-up. No way you can rank Pilut ahead of Ullmark.
A solid defenseman that inexplicably gets snubbed for clearly worse players by Phil Housley? Yeah I can see it.

Reactions: Kyndig

skipjack

May 1, 2016
Stockholm, SWE
Better than Dahlin? Did age and playing time have nothing to do with that? I love the idea of getting Pilut but was he really better than Dahlin?

Yes, much better and Pilut got awarded for best defenseman in SHL this season. Dahlin didn't even get nominated. At the same time Dahlin is only 18 while Pilut is 22.

skipjack

May 1, 2016
Stockholm, SWE
If he's underrated, it's mainly because of the limited viewings most of us have had, relative to everyone else. I was extremely impressed by what I've seen and wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be our best prospect after Mittelstadt when all is said and done. Better than everyone you list PLUS Guhle/Thompson, though I've had more time to focus on Guhle's warts.

Buffalo's prospect pool is kind of wide open after Mittelstadt.

I would describe Pilut as a smarter and better version of Sebastian Aho in Islanders, with probably higher potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad