• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
A very close poll #13, still Nikita Scherbak has been able to win it, let's get to the poll #14 now. Vasiliy Podkolzin has been added to the poll.

1. Andrei Svechnikov
2. Kirill Kaprizov
3. Vitaliy Kravtsov
4. Igor Shestyorkin
5. Ilya Samsonov
6. Ilya Sorokin
7. Klim Kostin
8. Grigoriy Denisenko
9. Vitaliy Abramov
10. Alexander Alexeyev
11. Yegor Rykov
12. Vladislav Kamenev
13. Nikita Scherbak
nikita-shherbak_1375635010698246150400.jpg

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Has to be Zykov now at last, right?

It makes sense, except that Podkolzin’s stock is WAY up over the last week or so. Him getting added to the poll no longer looks like just another name.

We have seen players dominate in these tournaments before only to flame out later (Zavgorodny), but this guy showed some serious talent.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Again Scherbak has 7 career points in 29 games, far from a top 6 player
And aside from stats watching, what do you know of them? Are you ready to tell me Pettersson isnt a top 6 player? Or that Svechnikov isnt? I guess wait and see? Its just pretty telling that you just used nhl career points on 22 year olds to prove a point.

What do you think theyll be? Bottom 6 forwards? AHLers for the entirety of their careers?

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
And aside from stats watching, what do you know of them? Are you ready to tell me Pettersson isnt a top 6 player? Or that Svechnikov isnt? I guess wait and see? Its just pretty telling that you just used nhl career points on 22 year olds to prove a point.

What do you think theyll be? Bottom 6 forwards? AHLers for the entirety of their careers?

I’m not saying they won’t be but neither of them have proven anywhere near being a top 6 caliber player.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
The logical jump from destroying the AHL at 22 is top 6, yes.

Moreso than a 16 years old or a few goalies that are not even sure to come over.

I really like scherbak, and don't know much about zykov, if I'm being honest. However, zykov didn't "destroy" the AHL. 54 points in 63 games isnt destroying (40th in points/game for players with more than 20 games), and he won the league goals by 1 goal, with like 5 guys within 2 goals, and 10 guys within 4 goals. Yes he is 22, but it's his 3rd season - not like he is a rookie.

And saying that just cuz a player scores in the AHL means he will be top 6 in the NHL may seem logical, but doesn't always end that way. The AHL is littered with guys (varone, pulkinnen, Chris Terry) that scored elite at a young age in the AHL whose skillset didn't transfer well to the NHL.

I REALLY hope Scherbak learns to score in the NHL cuz I love his dangles, but I've had concerns about his slightly slow movement transferring for a while.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I really like scherbak, and don't know much about zykov, if I'm being honest. However, zykov didn't "destroy" the AHL. 54 points in 63 games isnt destroying (40th in points/game for players with more than 20 games), and he won the league goals by 1 goal, with like 5 guys within 2 goals, and 10 guys within 4 goals. Yes he is 22, but it's his 3rd season - not like he is a rookie.

And saying that just cuz a player scores in the AHL means he will be top 6 in the NHL may seem logical, but doesn't always end that way. The AHL is littered with guys (varone, pulkinnen, Chris Terry) that scored elite at a young age in the AHL whose skillset didn't transfer well to the NHL.

I REALLY hope Scherbak learns to score in the NHL cuz I love his dangles, but I've had concerns about his slightly slow movement transferring for a while.
Well finishing first in goals in a league is being pretty dominant. But yeah, sure. None of that I can dispute, you just have to put it into perspective.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Kucherov developed way more in Russia. He played the equivalent of like one season in NA before reaching the NHL. Radulov is one of the few examples to the contrary.

With the Kostitsyn brothers, Zykov, Scherback, Svechnikov, Provorov, Sergachev, Namestnikov, Anisimov, Goldobin, Zadorov...

When on the other side theres like... Kuzy, Tarasenko, Kaprizov, Buchnevich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->