Status
Not open for further replies.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
From the Hockey East:

Steve Moses UNH
Chris Connolly BU

Have yet to scout BC, Prov, UMassLowell, Merrimack, Vermont and Maine.

I so want the Sabres to pick up Connolly after the season, and not just because I'm a Terriers fan. He just screams "Lindy Ruff" type player.

CamDegs13

Nose Face Killah
Feb 9, 2007
UMass
twitter.com
From the Hockey East:

Steve Moses UNH
Chris Connolly BU

Have yet to scout BC, Prov, UMassLowell, Merrimack, Vermont and Maine.

Can offer some insight on these two -

-UMassLowell is horrendous (I'm a student there). They have zero NHL potential with anybody on that team besides MAYBE Riley Wetmore.

-Merrimack the first name that comes to mind is Ryan Flanigan.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
@ herby i hope travis can make it to the next level. he is leading the team this year in goals and is tied for the team lead in points.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I saw Brown at the Frozen Four and came away very impressed. A few of the UMD fans I was sitting near told me he is still very raw and is a late bloomer. The only issue I could see is whether his size will be an issue to translating his game to the NHL level.

What about Brown's teammate Travis Oleksuk?

Brian Flynn of Maine
Rylan Schwartz of CC

i hope travis can make it to the next level. he is leading the bulldogs this year in goals and is tied for the team lead in points with jt brown who i like a lot too

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Kyle Fletcher is a name to keep an eye out for. He's playing at Holy Cross so not exactly in a high profile program but his numbers were solid last year and he's on a few scout's radars who I've spoken with.

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
Is Brady Lamb still a free agent? He got an invitation to the Penguins' prospect camp at the same time as Gibbons and Thompson. I knew that he had another year at UMD, but I could not see if he is still available. Just curious.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
Is Brady Lamb still a free agent? He got an invitation to the Penguins' prospect camp at the same time as Gibbons and Thompson. I knew that he had another year at UMD, but I could not see if he is still available. Just curious.

indeed he is. solid player

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
From what I have seen of Lamb, he strikes me as a typical Shero defenseman. Good skating , defensively aware, good first pass. I am hoping that the Penguins end up signing him. Not that a defenseman is the Penguins' biggest need, but you can never have too many.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Kyle Fletcher is a name to keep an eye out for. He's playing at Holy Cross so not exactly in a high profile program but his numbers were solid last year and he's on a few scout's radars who I've spoken with.

Yeah, he's a good one. I had a chance to see Holy Cross several times last season and was really impressed with the way he plays, so I'm not surprised that some NHL scouts are taking notice.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
NARDO NAGTZAAM --the DUTCH sensation--a freshman at MERCYHURST COLLEGE--albeit 21 years old ..6'1, 190 ....has 2g+2a in first 4GP ...he was a big scoring sensation in the NAHL the last 2 seasons prior to this year and a big scoer for the Netherlands in the WJHC DIV 2 U-20 championships in 2009/10...besides on the name alone I imagine marketing departments going crazy ...

vannzee

Ruslan Salei fan...
Dec 18, 2010
S.E Michigan
I would say watch for Western Michigan players as Andy Murray is there now but also dont over look Shawn Hunwick the goalie from Michigan.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I would say watch for Western Michigan players as Andy Murray is there now but also dont over look Shawn Hunwick the goalie from Michigan.

Hunwick is just to small. If he were a few inches taller, possibly, but NHL shooters will eat him alive.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Tyler Barnes and Nick Sorkin seem to be two former highly touted players (at least in terms of potential NHL draft picks from the high school ranks) who are putting it all together this season.

Any chance they get offers to leave school early as sophomores?

metric

May 6, 2010
Anyone see Mark Zengerle play live? I've been following Joe LaBate and Zengerle has been racking up the points early on as a sophomore. He had pretty decent numbers as a freshman too.

Isn't huge (5'11) but he is 22 which is a bit on the older side for a sophomore.

bobbybobcat11

Feb 11, 2010
How about Cody Reichard from Miami (OH)? I think he might catch on somewhere.

Reichard definitely has the passion to take his game to the next level and the skill set to do so. He's really aggressive and fun to watch. I definitely think he's the better of our two goalies, and Knapp is a prospect for Buffalo so I definitely think a team that is weak in goalie prospects should take a shot at him.

Another kid on Miami that has impressed me is freshman Austin Czarnik. He's playing on the top line with Reilly Smith and has shown to have pretty good playmaking ability. He is small which could be a set back but through 12 games he is second on the team with 8 points. Not sure about his eligibility though

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
Eriah Hayes, a 6'3" winger from MN-State Mankato, will be a commodity. I was told that he was offered a deal from Chicago last summer and turned it down.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Nate Schmidt, sophmore, form MN may start to gain some interest. Trails only Schultz in D man scoring and is 2nd overall in the nation in assists. He may lead the nation in PP points, not sure on that one.

Not the greatest defensive d man but is getting better by leaps and bounds. Was borderline bad last year. Worked his butt off and is looking like a new man. One more off season like the last one and he may be next years top FA.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm hoping the Blues sign Rylan Schwartz to at the very least give him a chance and try to lure in Jaden to sign sooner rather than later.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Has anyone watched LD Dan DeKeyser?
I won't be able to see him until he's on national TV in January, but he was mentioned by Bob McKenzie tonight as having a lot of hype right now.
He said that the Flames, Leafs, and Wings were all watching him last week and that the Wings sent seven people, including Chris Chelios, Kris Draper, Jiri Fischer, Ken Holland, Ryan Martin, and Jim Nill.
He believes that it's realistic that he gets offers from every NHL team and that the Wings may have the inside track since he grew up with Nill's son.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I haven't seen him play but falling in love with a skillset too much is what how NYR wasted a boatload of money on Matt Gilroy. No college UFA is worth 2 or 3 million in my opinion.

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
What is the deal on drafted players if they are graduating. Can they still become free agents by going unsigned??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->