Top Potential UFA NCAA Prospects

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
Jimmy Schuldt has to be one of the early front-runners this year. By all accounts, most NHL teams were after his services but he decided to back to St. Cloud St. for his senior year. He looked solid when he participated at the Vegas Golden Knights development camp shortly after the draft.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Schuldt will likely get talked about more but I'm more interested in his teammate Robby Jackson. Heck of a shot he's got, can really pick those corners. Easton Brodzinski might get some interest if he has a better season. He was moved around the lineup a bit but if they go with a Jackson Poehling Brodzinski line they could have a big year. although new coach so we'll see what they do.

some possible guys of interest, not 100% if any signed this summer,

Cale Morris/Cal Burke/Dylan Malmquist (Notre Dame)
Matthew Galajda (Cornell)
Hayden Lavigne/Jake Slaker (Michigan)
Hunter Shepard (UMD)
Jake Kielly/Nico Sturm/Devin Brosseau (Clarkson)
Nick Jones (North Dakota)
Jake Jaremko/Marc Michaelis (Minn State)

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Brady Keeper - will be a sophomore at University of Maine. Skilled and tough offensive dman with size. Late bloomer who I feel will make a really good pro. It may not be easy to get him to sign after this season as he may want to finish school before going pro.

Ryan Kuffman - had a major breakout season with Princeton with 29 goals. Decent size for a skilled winger. 2018-19 will he his final year at Princeton and I expect a lot of competition for his services.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
cci Mane‏Verified account @Buccigross 3h3 hours ago
More
My Top 6 Hobey Baker Pre-Season alphabetical Picks: Wade Allison Western Michigan Quinn Hughes Michigan Ryan Kufner Princeton Tanner Laczynski Ohio State Scott Perunovich Minn-Duluth Max Veronneau Princeton
Well the two Princeton are on the list but are also the two oldest on here

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Being older has no impact on chances for the Hobey, and actually helps.
Yes i know it helps i was referring to the post just before me. The thing that could hurt those two is they play in a weak conference so won't get as much credit for the points they produce . Two in big ten will get a little boost from points scored and the two from NCHC will get the biggest boost .

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think Kuffner and Veronneau are well known enough nationally among NCAA followers that if one or both produce explosive seasons, they can be right in the mix. They've already had their coming out party so it wouldn't be out of the blue.

I quite like Nick Halloran from CC - 21 year-old will be a junior this year and had a huge sophomore season with 45 points in 37 games. Plus like the two Princeton stars, he's part of a really potent offensive duo with Mason Bergh.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
so many top guys signed to the NHL this year, seemed more than normal...left a pretty wide gap now in terms of top players. the young guys coming in like Wahlstrom, Farabee, O'Brien, etc are all top talents, just so many names left college making the Hobey a wide open race.

I like Ian Mitchell as a name to consider as well, he will be the man at Denver, should have a real damn strong season.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Schuldt will likely get talked about more but I'm more interested in his teammate Robby Jackson. Heck of a shot he's got, can really pick those corners. Easton Brodzinski might get some interest if he has a better season. He was moved around the lineup a bit but if they go with a Jackson Poehling Brodzinski line they could have a big year. although new coach so we'll see what they do.

some possible guys of interest, not 100% if any signed this summer,

Cale Morris/Cal Burke/Dylan Malmquist (Notre Dame)
Matthew Galajda (Cornell)
Hayden Lavigne/Jake Slaker (Michigan)
Hunter Shepard (UMD)
Jake Kielly/Nico Sturm/Devin Brosseau (Clarkson)
Nick Jones (North Dakota)
Jake Jaremko/Marc Michaelis (Minn State)
Jake Jaremko is one to keep an eye, imo

Johnny Danger

Jul 7, 2002
Suisse
Visit site
anyone seen western michigan defenseman Cam Lee?

4+2 in 6 games and his stats look like he has some grit as well. just 21 ...

and Callahan Burke from Notre Dame seems to have a good start as well ...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
anyone seen western michigan defenseman Cam Lee?

4+2 in 6 games and his stats look like he has some grit as well. just 21 ...

and Callahan Burke from Notre Dame seems to have a good start as well ...

Lee was at the Habs development camp last summer and impressed, I thought they would sign him since they were thin on D prospects. Good skating/mobility/speed. Haven't seen him yet this year but I have NCHC tv so I will whenever they face SCSU or Denver.

Burke I watched a lot of in the past, haven't seen him yet this year, he's smallish but good skater, speed, hard worker, energy type.

TheGhost

Jun 11, 2015
Salmon Arm, BC
any opinions on Taro Hirose?

I'm a season ticket holder with BCHL Salmon Arm, and I saw him a lot when he played here. He has incredible hands and passing ability, stylistically very similar to Datsyuk. I thought he had a chance to be a late round pick (6th-7th round) in his draft year, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him get NHL interest when his college season is over, assuming teams aren't scared away by his lack of size.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
There was some talk that the Habs were interested in Princeton's Max Veronneau, but Ryan Kuffner also had a big season so both should get NHL interest.

Kuffner was at Ottawas dev camp this past off-season, as well as Chicagos.

Veronneau has been to 3 dev camps in the past 2 years - New Jersey (2018), Vegas (2017), and Calgary (2017).

Both are Ottawa boys so I'm really hoping we get at least one... not holding my breath, though. There will be plenty of competition.

Ryan Kuffman - had a major breakout season with Princeton with 29 goals. Decent size for a skilled winger. 2018-19 will he his final year at Princeton and I expect a lot of competition for his services.

Kuffner, just FYI.

BRayne

May 5, 2011
ASU Sophomore Johnny Walker leads the NCAA in goals. Might be a name to watch out for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->