Top Player of the Tournament

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
Who will be the all-star team this year ??

Best Foward IMO:(in no order)

Tarasenko
Schenn
Johansen
Kuznetsov
Cehlin

Defenseman:

Orlov
Ellis
Gudbranson

Goalie:

Conz

dmacgreg37

Dec 11, 2007
British Columbia
Who will be the all-star team this year ??

Best Foward IMO:(in no order)

Tarasenko
Schenn
Johansen
Kuznetsov
Cehlin

Defenseman:

Orlov
Ellis
Gudbranson

Goalie:

Conz

It usually all gets decided on the playoff round.

I'd say Schenn is a lock as a forward based on his stats to this point. Then 2 of Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Cehlin, Jarnkrok, USA forwards who do well in playoff round.

Ellis, Orlov have the lead going into the playoff round, but if USA/Sweden meet for gold, someone from that game (Erixon perhaps) will be on here.

Campbell will get it if the USA win and he plays well. Otherwise, Ortio should get it.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
The player who disapoint me is:

Goalie:

Visentin and Roy

Defensemen:

Vatanen (My expectation was very high)
De Haan
Derek Forbort
Zaytsev

Foward:

A lot

JeffYear92*

Schenn without a doubt

****** Mem Cup.

Amazing World Jr.

evan35

Dec 15, 2010
Best Goalie: Benjamin Conz (ill be completly blown away if he doesn't get drafted this year!!!)

Best Defensemen: Ryan Ellis

Best Forward: Brayden Schenn

Media All Stars:

Forwards- Brayden Schenn, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Vladimir Tarasenko or Charlie Coyle

Defensemen- Ryan Ellis, Tim Exiron or Dimitri Orlov

Goalie- Benjamin Conz (I'm sure everyone expects Jack Campbell to win the goalie awards but if u look at how impressive conz has been this tournament putting in 5 outstanding MVP worthy performances this tournament and even though their was no big upset from the Suisse this year I feel that he should win at least one of, if not both of these awards barring a outstanding performances from campbell or maybe robin lehner, who hasnt played enough to really be considered for these awards)

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Schenn has shown he is at a whole other level above this tournament. He looks like an established top 6 NHLer playing amongst prospects.

evan35

Dec 15, 2010
I hope so. Again I still havn't been impressed by campbell sure he's had a few good saves here and their but as far as tournament overall conz, and even now dimitri shikin are blowing my mind with how good their both playing!

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
While Conz has been light's out and should win goalie of the tournament, Flames prospect Joni Ortio was really impressive as well and if not for a 3rd period collapse (I know if, when & but!) in which he cannot be blamed, he would be in the semi-finals against arch rivals Sweden right now.

Here an interview with "Ortsa" - great kid:
http://thehockeywriters.com/joni-ortio-interview/
Yeah he was solid all the way and the only big mistake he made was the OT-goal he let in versus USA in the first match. Would pick Ortio over Conz, but I am biased Finn and only saw the game Conz played versus Finland and almost only the second goal he let in versus USA, which was pretty weak, so didn't see him at his best I guess.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Nino did what he could, his linemates were just too weak.

Were his linemates really that much better last year when he had a dominant tournament? He took some bad penalties at bad times this year too.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
He had one penalty (and the 10min misconduct after the EN-goal from Canada). And he didn't dominate last year, he just scored at the right time. He had a more defensive job this year. And his linemates were a little bit better last year I think. The chemistry in his line was better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->