Top pick in 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
dancingtree said:
Crosby in 2005. Possibly Kessel or Frolik in 2006.
Are there any superstar prospects in the 2007 draft class or is it too early to tell?
i dont know if superstar is right but there r some good players.....jonathan teows from manitoba. there are a few others that i cant remember right now. there were some older threads that discuss the same topic so u can search back a bit

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I think it's too early to tell for the 2007 draft. We're talking 1989 birthdates, and late 88's. That means most of these guys haven't even been drafted to junior yet. As for a good 2006 prospect, I like Jesse Joenssu as well as Frolik, Bryan Little, and Phil Kessel.

jlowry_19

Oct 17, 2004
toews is an 06 draft pick, and if your from the whl you would already been selected to the whl draft.

2 sweet

Apr 3, 2002
Visit site
zach hamil looks like a good one, but i'm not quite sure about him being a superstar, still to early to tell

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
forgive me, but i forget the kid's name...his dad was a lacrosse star, and bob mckenzie did a piece on him recently. i think he was either 13 or 14 years old, and they used initials like JT or TJ or something. apparently he's gonna be a total stud down the line.

edit: nevermind- john tavares "JT"

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp?id=106431

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Actually there are a couple of swedes that have been looking really really good(born 89). Sweden beat Finland in three straight games very easily. 7-2, 6-0 (I know they outshot them with 57-17 in this game) and 5-2. But its hard to seperate the best players as i haven´t seen them play yet(they are so young).

A couple of good forwards were:
Carl Gustafsson
Simon Hjalmarsson
Joakim Andersson
Theo Andersson
Johan Erkgärds
Oscar Möller
Mikael Backlund
--
Regarding the D-men i have no idea yet who stood out.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
An Ape called Yoko said:
A couple of good forwards were:
Carl Gustafsson
Simon Hjalmarsson
Joakim Andersson
Theo Andersson
Johan Erkgärds
Oscar Möller
Mikael Backlund
--

Those guys are way too swedish to be picked early! :teach: ;)

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
monster_bertuzzi said:
Ryan Kerr
Ryan Kerr is so freakishly overrated it's actually kind of funny. He's been getting minimal amounts of icetime ever since his Grandpa left the team as coach(AKA Fired). I just talked to John Bokla the other day, a teammate of his, and he said that he might not even be able to make the Cougs next year.

cvandenberg

Oct 19, 2003
2007 prospects

Dwight King was one of the youngest players to play for any team in the U17 challenge. He was the only 89 birthdate on Team West. He was drafted 4th overall in the WHL Draft and is massive. He is a good skater who absolutely dominated a couple of shifts during the final of the tournament. Based on his size and skating ability (he has a huge stride), as well as his WHL draft position, I have to say that he is a top prospect for the draft.

Also out west, Zach Hamill is fantastic, Justin McCrae of Saskatoon has had a good year, and Karl Alzner of the Calgary Hitmen is a top defensive prospect. Both Alzner and McCrae are late 88 birthdates.

In Quebec, Gratchev of the Quebec Remparts, a late 88 himself, has been solid, and is receiving second line icetime with Roy's team. He is an interesting story becasue he was born in Russia, but has lived in the US for many years, so he is technically not an import. I have also heard the names Angelo Esposito (plays for Shattucks-St. Mary's) and Michael Biega, as top prospects from Quebec.

In Ontario, Matthew Kang, of the owen Sound Attack has averaged close to a point of game after being recalled from St. Michael's Jr.A team. He was outscoring Cogliano there at the time he left.

I hope this helps!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad