Top non drafted players in WJC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Kugel said:
Who are the top players who arent drafted?
From Team Russia training camp squad : Rylov as D-man + Romanov. Both from Dynamo. Rylov has locked spot in RSL leader team with lowest GA. Romanov has excellent season under coach Krikunov. IMO.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Kugel said:
Who are the top players who arent drafted?

From the U.S. the only undrafted players are Brian Lee, Nate Hagemo, and Phil Kessel. Lee and Hagemo are rated for 2005, and could be drafted late 1st-mid 2nd and 4th or later respectfully. Kessel is a 2006, and is an early frontrunner to be a top five or so pick, with the number one slot a distinct possibility.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
From the U.S. the only undrafted players are Brian Lee, Nate Hagemo, and Phil Kessel. Lee and Hagemo are rated for 2005, and could be drafted late 1st-mid 2nd and 4th or later respectfully. Kessel is a 2006, and is an early frontrunner to be a top five or so pick, with the number one slot a distinct possibility.

How about T.J. Hensick? Hensick is available for the 2005 draft and could go late first early second round. I believe Central Scouting had him #2 college player for this draft behind Boston College's Dan Bertram. I like the comparison someone made between Martin St. Louis and Hensick. This kid can flat out fly and he's almost automatic around the net. Despite being a bit shorter, he does play with some jam and will throw his body around.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
LemonDrop_27 said:
How about T.J. Hensick? Hensick is available for the 2005 draft and could go late first early second round. I believe Central Scouting had him #2 college player for this draft behind Boston College's Dan Bertram. I like the comparison someone made between Martin St. Louis and Hensick. This kid can flat out fly and he's almost automatic around the net. Despite being a bit shorter, he does play with some jam and will throw his body around.

You're right. I had realized I had forgotten to include him a while ago but forgot to edit my post. He's a great player, who like you said is a later 1st, early 2nd round talent.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Leafaholix said:
From Sweden...

Daniel Ahsberg - F
David Rautio - G

I know that Rautio had a good 4 nation tourney, but wouldn't Heino-Lindberg be a smarter choice to be the starter? I've seen the guy and he's got top-end skills, plus he's already playing in a men's league and putting awesome numbers (in a fairly offensive league I think).

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Dan Bertram......I wish I could see him play atleast once. I hope NJ finds a way to draft him based on the reports I have been hearing and his under 18 performence.

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
JasonMacIsaac said:
Dan Bertram......I wish I could see him play atleast once. I hope NJ finds a way to draft him based on the reports I have been hearing and his under 18 performence.
wouldn't he need to be invited to make the team?

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
ax²+bx+c said:
I know that Rautio had a good 4 nation tourney, but wouldn't Heino-Lindberg be a smarter choice to be the starter? I've seen the guy and he's got top-end skills, plus he's already playing in a men's league and putting awesome numbers (in a fairly offensive league I think).

Heino-Lindbergh will probably be the starter.

Per Savilahti-Nagander could with a good showing be drafted next summer. He is a huge defenseman with good passing and skating, it's mysterious he has been overlooked for two straight drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad