Top KHL Players for the 2019 UFA Market

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018

Looks like Zagidulin's signing with Calgary. Anyone know anything about him?

I remember watching him when I was watching Kamenev a number of years back, and thought he looked slow going side to side so I've seen him a quite a bit back in his career and multiple times throughout, this season, I have seen him once, and didn't think he was anything special. Like Francouz in my mind was a vastly superior goalie than Zagidulin, and well I feel like he's not been great in the AHL. I've been underwhelmed with Calgary's recent signings but they did good with Rittich a number of years back. It would be interesting to know if they have the same Euro goalie scout looking at Zagidulin as they did with Rittich, because I'll be honest, I saw Rittich three times before he signed, and I would have never guessed he'd have what it takes to be where he's at now.

Reactions: goku420

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
What about Nikolai Prokhorkin? I thought his contract was up after this season.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Last edited:

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Yelesin has been rumored to the Leafs for a bit. Apparently when Dubas went over to see Korshkov he was impressed and there was a rumor he met with Yelesin and his agent.

Bringing him over would be a nice piece for the Leafs who are weak at RHD. Also no concern about AHL being in a different season in case he drops down at any point.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
And Eronko denied the Bryukvin reports, apparently he is expected to re-sign with Dynamo.

Btw, about Bocharov, he mentioned that he really had four contract offers from NHL teams, but re-signed, as he didn't feel he is ready to compete for the NHL roster spot yet.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Interesting under-the-radar signing imo.

He isn't a NHL caliber player right now, but, at 21, he has time and significant upside.

He'll be 22 in a few months, with 19 points in 40 games... "isn't NHL caliber" is kinda understatement to my taste. But if he prefers AHL before KHL, it's his problem.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Ok, so sounds like it's more or less official that the race for signing Mikheyev is Vegas Vs. Toronto Vs. Chicago.

And on Yelesin, sounds like the Calgary rumor is real.

Reactions: DanM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->