Top Jets 2.0 Games

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Game against St.louis. I think we were down something like 5-2 in the 2nd and ended up winning 7-5. Perry Turnbull got a hat trick. The barn went nuts. Wait, wrong team!

Kent C Tugood

Not Quite Dead Yet
Jan 1, 2012
Doontoon

We were still in hunt in SE divison. We were down 3-1 going into 3rd Period and Stapleton scored in OT and absolutely silenced the home crowd. Beyaks call is actually amazing here. One of my fave 2.0 games.

That one's up there for me. I was in 4Play in my Stapleton jersey, dancing on a table after that happened.

I would likely rank them as follows:

1) Game 3 vs NSH 2018
2) Game 7 vs NSH 2018
3) Game 5 vs MIN 2018
4) Game 3 vs ANA 2015
5) Tim Stapleton OT
6) Jets 5, Leafs 4 OT Laine Hatty
7) Jets Shootout Loss to Penguins after 4 fights in the game.
8) Little's Hatty
9) Flying W
10) I think it was the fourth season opener against the Kings

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
First game back in Winnipeg. Buff set the tone and became a hockey god in this town

Laine’s hat trick against Toronto. He became a hockey god in this town

Perrault’s chance for five goals was memorable too

I’m sure other games were mentioned as well .....

Ryan Giggs

There's no such thing as Scotchtoberfest
Sep 14, 2011
Bell MTS Place
Missing from the early days

Dec 2011 Season 1 Jets beat Boston - the Stanley Cup champs 2-1 Little gets the winner in the 3rd... ridiculously loud crowd. Seguin suspended after a night out at the Palomino Club... Chants of Tooooka, Tooooka .

Jan 2013, Season 2 Jets light up the Pens on a Friday night 4-2. Crosby scores 2, but the Jets look like world beaters... things look promising.

Jan 2015 Missing 5 starting Defencemen the Jets hammer the Leafs 5-1 with Buff having a monster game back on the blueline after that bizarre stint of playing him as a forward for 1/2 of the season ... the crowd roared on the last two goals (which was made even better mocking the 3000 or so in Leafs jerseys)

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Laine f***ing the Leafs over in 16-17 is a pretty good candidate (surprised? I'm not). The playoff games of this past year probably take the cake, though.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Too many now. And finally playoff games at the top....

I would say
Game 1/5 against Minny both great

Games 3/7 against Nashville

Game 3 against the Ducks 2015 (even though we lost, up until this playoffs Littles slapper goal to tie it I believe was the most crazy I went from a Jets goal)

That crazy win against the Penguins (i am sure everyone remembers what one I mean)

The win against the Bruins in 2011

The home win against the Canucks in 2015 that was a massive playoff implications game

And last I would say a couple years ago a comeback I believe it was, in St Louis where suprisingly I think Little and Laine teamed up for the winner

I know there is plenty of thrillers, especially ones from the stretch run in the 2 playoff years. I can't remember much now that playoff wins overshadow a lot of them

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Hobbes69

I know these games don't have epic meaning in the history of Jets 2.0, but I was at back to back games for LA and Anaheim in late March this year and with the way the Jets dominated possession in both games, it showed to me personally that the Jets were a Stanley Cup contender. My continually hoping for a Jets win turned into belief that the Jets could win any game. I've never had that feeling before and I'll never forget it :)

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
That one's up there for me. I was in 4Play in my Stapleton jersey, dancing on a table after that happened.

I would likely rank them as follows:

1) Game 3 vs NSH 2018
2) Game 7 vs NSH 2018
3) Game 5 vs MIN 2018
4) Game 3 vs ANA 2015
5) Tim Stapleton OT
6) Jets 5, Leafs 4 OT Laine Hatty
7) Jets Shootout Loss to Penguins after 4 fights in the game.
8) Little's Hatty
9) Flying W
10) I think it was the fourth season opener against the Kings

Ryan Giggs

There's no such thing as Scotchtoberfest
Sep 14, 2011
Bell MTS Place
Game 7, Winnipeg 5 Nashville 1.

The most important hockey game in Winnipeg history. Stastny was the hero, but Scheifele and Hellebuyck came through, to beat the NHL top team, and make our 1st appearance in the Western Conference Final.

While that was great, I do beg to differ.

The game below was the most important game in Jets 2.0
(Great clip... made my day watching)

The first ever preseason was something special. No ads on the ice, and Buff introduces himself to the Winnipeg faithful 3 seconds in.

9-8 vs Philly in year one was great also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad