Top goaltending prospects (2006 included)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Jason MacIsaac said:
A reaction goaltender, uses nurmorous different styles to get the job done. Impossible to beat low.

I haven't seen the guy, but "reaction goaltenders" don't do much at the NHL level...you can't rely on pure skill and reflexes at that level and have any success. So I hope he develops beyond that.

You just seem to say "reaction goaltender" like it's a good thing, which I tend to think it's not at the NHL level. Maybe you meant it in a different way though...

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Buffalo87 said:
Well if you've only seen him play a couple of times then that's not much to base it on.

But it's something. In contrast, the Spartans have a freshman goalie, Lerg, who is about 3 feet tall, but he outplayed Sauer all season long. Sauer just looks lost in net.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
MaDdY said:
This year.

Could be the second goalie taken. :)

This years goalie depth is too good. I hope the Leafs select one of

Leland Irving
Semen Varlamov
Jonathan Bernier
Jhonas Enroth
Riku Helenius
Reto Berra

in the 2nd or 3rd round. Its very nice to have depth at goaltending. Leafs already have Rask and Pogge, and one more should be nice as insurance. :)

Don't forget Daniels and Riemer. Riemer's playing with the Atrocious Red Deer and he's playing great!

As for Ryan Daniels...his 1.04 GAA with Saginaw of the OHL Speaks for itself...

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
44_bertuzzi_44 said:
And second of all ... i highly doubt a 2005 draftee would go straight from The Czech League to the NHL without playing a full season in the AHL.

German league actually ;)

He won the championship with Berlin, finishing first in the league in save percentage and third in GAA in the regular season and first in both categories in the playoffs.

Not that it would change all that much, just thought I'd mention it ;)

chlebak

Mar 21, 2006
Litvinov
Sanderson said:
German league actually ;)

He won the championship with Berlin, finishing first in the league in save percentage and third in GAA in the regular season and first in both categories in the playoffs.

Not that it would change all that much, just thought I'd mention it ;)

And now, he is member of Czech National Team in Riga. I think too, he could be backup next year.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
BleedBlue44 said:
a lot of people forget about Barulin, 21 years old.. starting goalie in the RSL

Koshechkin>>>Barulin

Don't get me wrong, Barulin isn't bad, but Koshechkin is better. Barulin can lose his starter job as both him and another #1 goalie just signed contracts with the same team. Varlamov certainly has the potential to be VERY special and better than both, but he is too young and unproven to put him in the best goaltending prospects list.

habbyfan60

Mar 23, 2005
This is for jasom MacIsaac. What are your thoughts of Ryan Mior getting drafted this year??

iamcaper

Levitate said:
I haven't seen the guy, but "reaction goaltenders" don't do much at the NHL level...you can't rely on pure skill and reflexes at that level and have any success. So I hope he develops beyond that.

You just seem to say "reaction goaltender" like it's a good thing, which I tend to think it's not at the NHL level. Maybe you meant it in a different way though...

I think what Jason was saying was that he adjusts his game to match the opposition which is a very good thing as it prevents certain style teams (speed, trap, etc) from killing you.

I think Pavelec does have to work on his rebound control but he was certainly the best in the Q in my opinion.

He is fast but not as quick as Fleury

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
I think more people would mention Kosheckhin and Barulin if they were playing in NA. They appear to be very quality young goalies who have already shown they can be starters in their current leagues.

In no particular order, I really want to see Pavelec, Pogge, Rask. I think 2/3 of these guys will see their NHL career primarily with a different team.

Elliott, Harding, Howard, and Montoya have all been mentioned. They could all be good but I don't think 'franchise' guys. :dunno: Maybe McKee(sp)? Don't know too much about him though.

And I like Sigalet, so I hope he does well. :)

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
insider said:
Don't forget Daniels and Riemer. Riemer's playing with the Atrocious Red Deer and he's playing great!

As for Ryan Daniels...his 1.04 GAA with Saginaw of the OHL Speaks for itself...

The ISS isn't correct on that. His GAA is 4.03, with a .889 SP.

If his GAA was 1.04 it would mean that Saginaw would give up about 9 shots a game.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
twi said:
Elliott, Harding, Howard, and Montoya have all been mentioned. They could all be good but I don't think 'franchise' guys. :dunno: Maybe McKee(sp)? Don't know too much about him though.

If Montoya isn't a "franchise" goaltender, I don't know what is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad