Top Goalie Prospects?

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
This is not close. Oettinger is nowhere near these goalies right now. He’s not even the best G prospect on the Stars imo, that’s Colton Point.

Oettinger regressed last year, and Hart looks cray. I would put Hart ahead of Oettinger.

Reactions: Meeqs

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
The guys playing treally well vs men (everyone but Hart), should all be At the top imo. Look at Parsons, was really great in junior, then not good at all vs pros. Nothing against him, he will bounce back, but the quality of competition means a lot here.
IMO
1. Hart
2. Samsonov
3. Sorokin
4. Shestyorkin
5. Demko

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Yikes. Pretty awful company for Hart.

I think I'd echo the same. The Russians, Hart, Husso and Demko.

I find myself surprised that Saros was named. He's looked average to me.

I'd also like to put in a biased mention for Evan Fitzpatrick. Might not become anything but he has a little bit of hype

If Saros was still considered a prospect, he would be all over these lists...

Dude has straight out of gate posted two seasons .924sv% and you say he has looked average?

He is the undisputed starting goalie in Nashville after Rinne retires.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Is Minnesota Wild's Kaapo Kahkonen considered a major top goalie prospect now??? the guy is unreal this year in his rookie season in the AHL winning all sorts of awards and named an All Star

He hasn't really been named in too many top goalie prospect threads but Id imagine his stock is rising extremely fast

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
Is Minnesota Wild's Kaapo Kahkonen considered a major top goalie prospect now??? the guy is unreal this year in his rookie season in the AHL winning all sorts of awards and named an All Star

He hasn't really been named in too many top goalie prospect threads but Id imagine his stock is rising extremely fast
i know nothing of how to grade goalies but my mn wild pick KK looks decent. i thought our past prospect Hackett was good then he fizzled out. what happened to other goalies such as blackwood & husso?

Makoshark

Sep 19, 2018
Humboldt County
I would add Josef Korenar of the SJ Barracuda to this list. AHL All Star. One of the few younger (yougest?) goltenders in the AHL 21 years of age and trending up. Has 16 wins, good for 10th in the A with a .920 save percentage. Don't be surprised to see him in the NHL as soon as next season.

Reactions: Sticktape and Meeqs

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Hard not to feel bad for Demko. Last year the Vancouver goaltending has been suspiciously healthy, and this year he has been injured when the Canucks have needed to call someone up, or has gotten injured as soon as he was called up. He has missed out on like 3-4 lineup opportunities this year. Hope he can get some games down the stretch - he'll be on the roster next year.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I'm glad Connor Ingram was included in the OP. 21 and leading the AHL in SV%, I think.

Delia technically had higher in just 3 less games, but the big goalie battle in my mind is between Ingram and Korenar who turned 21 at the end of January. The two are going back and forth in GAA and SV% rankings practically every game. 2 really good young goalies excelling at the AHL level.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)

I know how he got off to a really good start but how has he been lately? Do you watch many of his games? Thanks for any info.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I would add Josef Korenar of the SJ Barracuda to this list. AHL All Star. One of the few younger (yougest?) goltenders in the AHL 21 years of age and trending up. Has 16 wins, good for 10th in the A with a .920 save percentage. Don't be surprised to see him in the NHL as soon as next season.

Hadnt really heard of the guy and i been reading about him.. Very impressive it seems!!

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Delia technically had higher in just 3 less games, but the big goalie battle in my mind is between Ingram and Korenar who turned 21 at the end of January. The two are going back and forth in GAA and SV% rankings practically every game. 2 really good young goalies excelling at the AHL level.

The one bad thing is Ingram has a very young Vasi as the sure fire guy in Tampa for a long time... Korenar may get a chance alot quicker in the NHL having Jones as the top guy there

AHL wise they look deadly tho when looking at the stats page and will be big pieces for their AHL teams

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Hey guys, I need some help with rating goalie prospects. It's mainly for NHL 18, but I'm also very curious myself. Can someone who is good at scouting and evaluating goalies, and unbiased, rank the 10 goalies I listed below (by potential)? And it's not necessary, but can someone help me out with the EA potentials as well? I want them to be as accurate as possible in NHL 18.

I know I'm probably way off, but here's my list (and I created some of these goalies in NHL 18 myself):
1. Thatcher Demko (medium elite?)
2. Jake Oettinger (medium elite?)
3. Carter Hart (low/medium elite?)
4. Ilya Samsonov (medium elite? high starter?)
5. Igor Shestyorkin (low/medium elite? high starter?)
6. Ilya Sorokin (medium/high starter?)
7. Linus Soderstrom (medium starter?)
8. Colton Point (medium starter?)
9. John Gillies (medium starter?)
10. Connor Ingram (medium starter?)

Am I missing any really good ones that should be in the top 10 (Comrie, Fitzpatrick, Skarek)? Saros, Lindgren, Jarry, Grubauer, and Georgiev are probably not considered prospects anymore, but do any of them have real starter potential? Thank you.

where's Cayden Primeau on your list?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad