Top Goalie Prospects?

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Hey guys, I need some help with rating goalie prospects. It's mainly for NHL 18, but I'm also very curious myself. Can someone who is good at scouting and evaluating goalies, and unbiased, rank the 10 goalies I listed below (by potential)? And it's not necessary, but can someone help me out with the EA potentials as well? I want them to be as accurate as possible in NHL 18.

I know I'm probably way off, but here's my list (and I created some of these goalies in NHL 18 myself):
1. Thatcher Demko (medium elite?)
2. Jake Oettinger (medium elite?)
3. Carter Hart (low/medium elite?)
4. Ilya Samsonov (medium elite? high starter?)
5. Igor Shestyorkin (low/medium elite? high starter?)
6. Ilya Sorokin (medium/high starter?)
7. Linus Soderstrom (medium starter?)
8. Colton Point (medium starter?)
9. John Gillies (medium starter?)
10. Connor Ingram (medium starter?)

Am I missing any really good ones that should be in the top 10 (Comrie, Fitzpatrick, Skarek)? Saros, Lindgren, Jarry, Grubauer, and Georgiev are probably not considered prospects anymore, but do any of them have real starter potential? Thank you.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I really like Demko, oettinger as the big elite guys.

I think sorokin and Soderstrom will have decent NHL careers.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Hey guys, I need some help with rating goalie prospects. It's mainly for NHL 18, but I'm also very curious myself. Can someone who is good at scouting and evaluating goalies, and unbiased, rank the 10 goalies I listed below (by potential)? And it's not necessary, but can someone help me out with the EA potentials as well? I want them to be as accurate as possible in NHL 18.

I know I'm probably way off, but here's my list (and I created some of these goalies in NHL 18 myself):
1. Thatcher Demko (medium elite?)
2. Jake Oettinger (medium elite?)
3. Carter Hart (low/medium elite?)
4. Ilya Samsonov (medium elite? high starter?)
5. Igor Shestyorkin (low/medium elite? high starter?)
6. Ilya Sorokin (medium/high starter?)
7. Linus Soderstrom (medium starter?)
8. Colton Point (medium starter?)
9. John Gillies (medium starter?)
10. Connor Ingram (medium starter?)

Am I missing any really good ones that should be in the top 10 (Comrie, Fitzpatrick, Skarek)? Saros, Lindgren, Jarry, Grubauer, and Georgiev are probably not considered prospects anymore, but do any of them have real starter potential? Thank you.
You’re missing a stud in Ville Husso.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
It is. Some people are just higher on the Russians—each their own, but Demko and Oettinger are in the same tier.

Some bias is showing for those who say otherwise.
I would agree with that. I was always a little higher on the Russians (specifically Samsonov and Shestyorkin) than on Demko or Oettinger, but I kept reading that the 2 latter guys had higher potential. And I didn't want to be biased, as I am a Rangers fan.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Has Oettinger really proved that much since being drafted... was the USA coach really that out to lunch to start Woll over Oettinger? I mean Woll really didn't have an amazing tourney, but for Oettinger to be such a clear favourite, then how could the coach go with Woll (just out of loyalty?). I'm really curious... as I don't follow college hockey closely.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
I would agree with that. I was always a little higher on the Russians (specifically Samsonov and Shestyorkin) than on Demko or Oettinger, but I kept reading that the 2 latter guys had higher potential. And I didn't want to be biased, as I am a Rangers fan.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s totally fair to rank the Russians higher, but I don’t think it’s reasonable to claim they’re a tier higher.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

You aren't being biased.

Oettinger had a .915 in college hockey this season. Thats against players his age. Not even a men's league. He's a good prospect, and its fair to say he might be on par with those guys eventually, but right now its not close.

Demko might be closer, but he doesn't have the body of work that the other guys have. Worse league, SV%'s in pro hockey aren't even close. None of those guys are putting up a .905, which is what Demko did two seasons ago. He was better this past year.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Cayden Primeau is a highly skilled and combative 6'4" goaltender who just had a monster season with Northeast university, should be the starter for USA next WJC, this kid is a big time rising prospect, I have him at the top of our prospects pool on par with Kotkaniemi...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad